• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
Great alternative, just saying 🤣
Dealer was shocking though. Wanted to charge me 25 quid for new key fob batteries when the car stopped locking and unlocking. The keys/car are 6 weeks old!! Lol!!

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? IMG_20221019_075712
Sponsored

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
The ride is harder even in comfort mode from what I've read. Not good if that's the case as that was one of the big positives with the FK8 for daily driving.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Great alternative, just saying 🤣
Dealer was shocking though. Wanted to charge me 25 quid for new key fob batteries when the car stopped locking and unlocking. The keys/car are 6 weeks old!! Lol!!

IMG_20221019_075712.jpg
£25 for batteries, they're having a giraffe. You can buy a pack of 9 batteries for less than a tenner.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah got the money back but honestly. What a sour first experience!!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yeah, doesn't bode well for issues going forward. Especially after only six weeks.

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I am thinking should I offload my Civic Sport now for cash whilst the mileage is relatively low or continue to drive it until we hear some news about the CTR but by then my Sport would have depreciate in value a bit more. This situation doesn't just apply to the CTR of course, I do want to change cars, if it's not the CTR then it's something else, but mind you there is nothing that is catching my attention right now. Ah, and the Bank of England has just again raised interest rates...great...

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Interest rates have just gone up to 3%, mortgage, personal loans and PCP will go up again. If this car isn't a 10/10 I'm going to bail

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
0.75 % so the squeeze has become a crush now and we're in recession. This is going to be unbearable for many. Anyone thinking of spending on a £40k+ car ought to think it through carefully, unless they're very comfortable financially. This is going to bite hard and for a long time.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I would have thought Honda UK would have launched this with all the info before it goes on Top Gear.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Maybe Top Gear is going to be the platform where they let the cat out of the bag and give date and pricing.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The spread now between saving your money and getting a decent rate and the new cost of finance is gonna be 10% or so. When we could get finance at 2.9 or 3.9 and get zilch on our bank deposits it was such a different ball game. I understand that is the point of the increases but damn..

I urge anyone wanting an exciting new car to check out the hyundai at around 60% of the price of the Honda. Mechanical diff, rev match, sounds great as standard. 0 to 60 in around 6 seconds and heated seats and steering wheel. Really compares well against my FK8 that I had for 2.5 years and did 20k in. And a financial decision that may be easier to justify/not bite you on the ass in 12 months if disposible incomes drop like I expect they will..

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
The spread now between saving your money and getting a decent rate and the new cost of finance is gonna be 10% or so. When we could get finance at 2.9 or 3.9 and get zilch on our bank deposits it was such a different ball game. I understand that is the point of the increases but damn..

I urge anyone wanting an exciting new car to check out the hyundai at around 60% of the price of the Honda. Mechanical diff, rev match, sounds great as standard. 0 to 60 in around 6 seconds and heated seats and steering wheel. Really compares well against my FK8 that I had for 2.5 years and did 20k in. And a financial decision that may be easier to justify/not bite you on the ass in 12 months if disposible incomes drop like I expect they will..
You are putting forward a great point, especially with everything that is going on right now financially, it makes sense.

The CTR is obviously the more desirable car but it's not just that, because although its in the hatchback category the size is anything but and that is where it sits well with me. It's well suited as a family car just as the FK8 is, it can be a daily car driving the family but can still have some fun when on your own. The size of the CTR is perfect for a small young family like me who is a father but not quite yet a grandad giving up the thrills. lol

Question to you. Would you still swap your FK8 for the Hyundai again if you could go back?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very good question.

A few things:

The hyundai is smaller (which for me isn't an issue but as you rightly point out the civic is cavernous for families). I never wanted to follow my mates down particularly narrow b roads and lanes etc as they all had clio 200s, ep3s etc! The i20n is usefully narrower.

I do really like the extra mod cons, the heating in particular. It also gives engine temp readings alongside oil temp. Small thing but I can also actually read the oil dipstick unlike the fk8!!

Insurance and mpg are much better. Insurance is about half the price and the mpg is probably 20% better with similar use of throttle. The running cost of luxury car tax also will need to be added in (on the fl5 but not the fk8 of course).

I was a lot more conscious of where I left the fk8 than the i20n.

I always found the fk8 scrabbled for grip in the wet and the i20n actually seems to put its power down better. In the dry i honestly think the i20 corners so damn well, it's unreal.

Some of the issues with the fk8 are resolved with the fl5 (more info in menus, individual mode) but I can't believe what a good car the i20n is for the best part of 20k less!

The exhaust was always naff on the fk8 and the i20n sounds great!

I paid 32k new for my FK8 gt in 2019. The fk8 was truly phenomal for that price and had such a wide range of ability, espicially if you need the room.

Also, if the economy wasn't collapsing I would have gone for the fl5 but I don't think I'd be happy to put up an extra 18k (or c500 a month) above what I'm paying for the i20n to get into one (assuming 43k otr price). The hyundai has 2 years extra warranty and the fact I can potentially sell in 3 years time and offer my buyer 2 years left is fantastic imo.

I also think there are less than 1,000 on the roads at the moment so it's a much rarer car than say, a fiesta st. You also don't mistake it for an i20 n line, whereas there are so many fiesta st lines about aswell.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Very good question.

A few things:

The hyundai is smaller (which for me isn't an issue but as you rightly point out the civic is cavernous for families). I never wanted to follow my mates down particularly narrow b roads and lanes etc as they all had clio 200s, ep3s etc! The i20n is usefully narrower.

I do really like the extra mod cons, the heating in particular. It also gives engine temp readings alongside oil temp. Small thing but I can also actually read the oil dipstick unlike the fk8!!

Insurance and mpg are much better. Insurance is about half the price and the mpg is probably 20% better with similar use of throttle. The running cost of luxury car tax also will need to be added in (on the fl5 but not the fk8 of course).

I was a lot more conscious of where I left the fk8 than the i20n.

I always found the fk8 scrabbled for grip in the wet and the i20n actually seems to put its power down better. In the dry i honestly think the i20 corners so damn well, it's unreal.

Some of the issues with the fk8 are resolved with the fl5 (more info in menus, individual mode) but I can't believe what a good car the i20n is for the best part of 20k less!

The exhaust was always naff on the fk8 and the i20n sounds great!

I paid 32k new for my FK8 gt in 2019. The fk8 was truly phenomal for that price and had such a wide range of ability, espicially if you need the room.

Also, if the economy wasn't collapsing I would have gone for the fl5 but I don't think I'd be happy to put up an extra 18k (or c500 a month) above what I'm paying for the i20n to get into one (assuming 43k otr price). The hyundai has 2 years extra warranty and the fact I can potentially sell in 3 years time and offer my buyer 2 years left is fantastic imo.

I also think there are less than 1,000 on the roads at the moment so it's a much rarer car than say, a fiesta st. You also don't mistake it for an i20 n line, whereas there are so many fiesta st lines about aswell.
I like the look of the i20N but for me the boot is a bit small to carry my football stuff about. We have my wife's 330e for family duties but the batteries take up half the boot. When you say £20k less, I'm assuming it's against the predicted FL5 price and not the price of the FK8?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's right the i20n is around 25k. My FK8 was 32k in 2019 but the fl5 is gonna be what, 42 to 44k?

My dealer is only expecting 2 and already has a dozen deposits or more.
Sponsored