• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Agreed, and Geely also own Volvo and Polestar.
Sponsored

Reactions: MrB

chrisr111

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas and other stuff
FWIW my UK spec. NH0 FL5 is arriving at my delaer next week....

Chris.

ash_rage

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Wow Chris

I remember you from civinfo, from memory you have some sort of Mugen connection and you always got the highly sort after Type Rs and you’ve done it again!

congratulations!

ash_rage

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Anyone else in the UK got one coming?

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Officially DPs aren't allowed to buy them and are banned from doing so.

If your local DP has the only car they are getting let Honda UK know!

I turned mine down - silly money for a CTR

ash_rage

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Officially DPs aren't allowed to buy them and are banned from doing so.

If your local DP has the only car they are getting let Honda UK know!

I turned mine down - silly money for a CTR
What dealer was yours with. Did they mark up the price? Suppose it went down the queue already

Don21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS/ 07 Subaru wrx
I’m over in the US for Xmas visiting relatives. Managed a (fleeting) visit to a Honda dealership with a CTR in the showroom. Initial thoughts from my 15 mins walk around:

• The car has serious presence - there was a civic Si parked close by and the CTR looks/feels special in comparison (wide stance/glossy grill vs. Matt plastic on the Si)
  • Inside doesn’t look as garish as I thought it might (my prev cars have all had dark/black interiors) There was plastic on the seats so Im unable to comment on the fabric feel, aside from seats there is a nice premium feel on the switches and touch points (the gear shift does feel great).
  • I don’t like the panel gap between the boot and body, close to the hinge. This was something I saw on the standard civic in the UK…it’s one of those things you can’t unsee, but doesn’t seem like a fault.
  • Another observation, seems like there’s a black rubber strip on bonnet opening - not seen that before. Not sure if that’s for airflow or something else
Overall, I’m glad I got a chance to view one in the flesh. It’s got me more excited about getting one. I saw the UK spec civic a couple of weeks back and was a little deflated that this might not be as special as I would like - especially at that price point- but seeing in person has dispelled my fears.

I did ask if I could have a test drive, the salesman politely declined (don’t ask, don’t get!)

FYI, US base costs are <44k but this dealer had a 20k markup, with other add-ons the overall price was 65k! I know the UK prices are high, but don’t know how I would handle the US dealer greed.

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? A7F43A0A-AF27-4BC4-8326-F92257DD4DE2

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? DC820824-2656-4663-B734-EA6F1E6460BF

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? AAEE1EB0-AC87-48BD-9C7C-63127C6985AC

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? 8081ED6D-3690-46CE-8D25-04060187F5FE

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? CB52A3BD-62AF-40B9-829E-0045B73E9AD6

Last edited:

Mr_Toast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alpine A110, Golf GTI
I'm still buying. Have used man maths to make the numbers seem completely fine:

Was expecting list price to be £42999.
Was expecting carbon wing to be £3k - £4k
So was expecting to be spending £46-47k

Who needs a carbon wing anyway? 🙂. It'll just get in the way of the rear view. 😆 Plus I can probably pick one up from parts for less than £2k in a few years time.

I'm number 4 deposit at my dealer, which was put down on 10th Dec, a week after the EU reviews came out, so agree the interest at this price point is not high. But if the average is 3-4 per dealer then it looks like they've got the 400-500 cars they probably want to sell over next 12 months or so. Dealer said they only used to sell 2 FK8s a month across their 4 dealerships so it's never been a high volume car.

No.1 at my dealer has got their order confirmed arriving in January. Expectation is next batch will be available to confirm spec in Feb/March with expected delivery in June/July. No word on numbers but I'm hoping to be in that batch.

Spoke to Honda UK on 7th Dec and they said to expect up to 60 weeks for delivery.

I also happen to know that the Honda UK press launch event is on 10th/11th Jan so we can expect UK road tests out that week.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
FYI - Feb/March is the next update to dealers on future batches, not next order dates. There is no confirmation or guarantee of future allocations as it is not yet known by Honda UK.

The dealer principal showed me the email when I declined the #1 car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
hi all,

My dealer gave me confirmation of a second batch coming to Spain and that should mean 99.99% chance it is also confirmed for the UK (higher priority market I would imagine). Dont take my word for granted, but just my two cents!

Reactions: rui

Don21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS/ 07 Subaru wrx
Looks like UK deliveries have started, anyone here?