• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yes we are being charged more than Honda are charging in the US and Japan. If the price here was set at the equivalent currency exchange converted price to the price Honda charge in the US and Japan (MSRP), not the dealer mark up, the price here would be way less than it is. Dealers here do not charge mark ups so that is completely irrelevant to us. Any dealers here trying to charge mark ups would be laughed at, unless they had a real idiot walk in the door, willing to pay it.

I fear we'll be going round in circles with this forevermore so we may have to agree to disagree.
Sponsored

JAMSXR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63
You are not actually paying more though, because virtually nobody in the US is paying MSRP.
This, itā€™s a different model in the U.K., dealers are restricted from applying markup and likely make more margin per unit at RRP. The US market counters with dealer markups, so provided demands outstrips supply they can significantly bump up the cost.

Ultimately the price in the U.K. is on par with other performance cars, Iā€™m not saying itā€™s good value, it is what it is.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yer pays yer money, yer makes yer choice.

JAMSXR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63
Got to push mine for the first time, what an absolute weapon this car is. Itā€™s relatively refined as a daily, but up the ante and it just comes alive. My background is bikes, and I had forgotten that cars can feel this good/involved. Canā€™t wait for some track time.

The 911 Turbo and supercharged Mustang struggled to see which way I had gone most of the time.

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? 789BEE67-1D89-4117-9B95-9AC71B6922E4

11th Gen Honda Civic Any UK people on here? 9A37A5CE-6072-4FA0-850F-84D8F757FF85

1k miles in and the build quality seems very good. Minor complaints are the shit sound system, doesnā€™t bother me much but I would have happily paid a bit extra for the Bose system. Fuel tank is small but itā€™s cheaper to fill up šŸ˜†

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Picked mine up on Thursday. Driven 1.3 miles back from the dealer so far but hoping to get out a bit more tomorrow if the weather holds!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
to all new UK owners, congrats! Hopefully you will soon get time to drive them up to some great Scottish roads as the old top gear days! A quick question, were you "invited"or forced to purchase the carbon pack at any point when being assigned a unit?

thanks!

OP
OP
SnoopstaR

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
to all new UK owners, congrats! Hopefully you will soon get time to drive them up to some great Scottish roads as the old top gear days! A quick question, were you "invited"or forced to purchase the carbon pack at any point when being assigned a unit?

thanks!
Hello. I was not invited or forced to purchase the carbon pack.
When I asked about it, they said you can choose if you want it when car arrives in UK.
I was going to get it but now looks like that's gone up Ā£800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
hi! Does that mean the dealer was willing to install it? Maybe it is a LHD thing, I am glad you got the chance to choose! In these weird days we even have to be thankful for exerting that right!

OP
OP
SnoopstaR

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
hi! Does that mean the dealer was willing to install it? Maybe it is a LHD thing, I am glad you got the chance to choose! In these weird days we even have to be thankful for exerting that right!
Yeah think it's dealer fit.
I was asked to choose two colours, a first and second choice. Luckily I got to get my first colour choice.

OP
OP
SnoopstaR

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Any further news on delivery times?

Those with the new R , how you finding it?
Sponsored