• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are the stock black 19" wheels reverse mount?

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
Meaning the tire needs to be installed from the back side. If so, does this create any challenges to a place like Discount Tire? Do you just need to let them know about the reverse mount? Does it potentially increase the chance for wheel damage because the wheel is being clamped from the front side? Should I take my FL5 to the Honda dealer for tires (pricing is about the same - just might take longer to get the service done)?
Sponsored

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I haven't dismounted mine yet but from looking at the wheel I believe it is reverse mount. You're going to want somebody that knows what they are doing to do it. When done properly it's likely harder to scratch the face of the wheel up since all of the tooling touches the inner lip. If done improperly you can probably do a lot of damage. It's pretty uncommon so make sure whoever does it is comfortable with it. Be ready to spend more than a typical mount and balance charge.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Yes they are reverse mount, and you definitely need to confirm with the shop that they can handle that and the low-profile tires. I doubt any decent tire shop would have problems with it. All commercial tire mounting machines have adaptors for reverse mount, at least available.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
Yes they are reverse mount, and you definitely need to confirm with the shop that they can handle that and the low-profile tires.
Excellent suggestion.
I've found most tire shops will be honest about whether they can handle these or not.
Strangely, my local Honda dealer can't. They sub them out.

svvitch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Odyssey
Yes can confirm. Discount by me tried wrong the first time..
Sponsored