• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Australian Type R Order/Info Thread

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
it's not as tight and mechanical a shift as on my GT4, but it's still nice to use.
The only reason I'm not going to bang on about what I thought is that I liked it, but others might drive it and feel differently. The proof is always in what you think after you drive it.
What I will say however, is that after driving it, I put a line through the A45s, a car that previously impressed me on a short drive, but did nothing for me today, on the same test route as the R.
In the R I felt engaged and in control, marveling at the turn-in. In the AMG, I felt like I was hanging on for dear life in a car that felt aloof, steering too light even in race, and a ride much worse than expected, even in comfort. Honda has delivered a very good car...in my opinion.
Sponsored

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Interesting. Was this a back to back comparison on the same day or different day with condition differences?

Reactions: JBO

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Thanks. That's very telling. And A45S isn't a bad car by any means

Reactions: JBO

JYCS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything
Is the stop sale effecting our orders or just America?

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
America only as far as I am aware. I must admit during my 40min test drive last weekend with a friend we never once noticed a squeak from anything in the interior. And we drove over a couple of terrible roads as part of our test loop.

Knight Takes Queen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai i30 N
Hi guys, I'm a new member.

I currently have a 2022 Hyundai i30 N but am seriously looking at a CTR. In fact, I'm pretty much decided on it. I love my i30 N but there is something special about the CTR. The technology applied in its development, the overall design and styling, and the legendary Honda gearshift is something I can't go past, especially as this will quite likely be the last ICE car I'll ever buy new, let alone a 6MT.

I called my local dealership this week and was advised that wait times have come down to "about 12 months". The wait time doesn't bother me too much as I am enjoying the i30 N in the meantime.

My question is, can a "special order" be made for Boost Blue? I think the CTR looks so good in this colour and can't understand why they didn't offer it in Australia, especially considering they make it in this colour for RHD markets already (JDM and UKDM).

Knight Takes Queen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai i30 N
Thanks @JBO. Needless to say, you were right. Went to the dealership yesterday to ask the Q and the sales guy furiously shook his head. He said that a lot of enquiries have been made to get Boost Blue but to no avail.

Still...I put down a deposit on a Championship White. There was a red one on display as a demo, I didn't drive it but sat inside and looked it over thoroughly. This will be the first Honda I have ever owned. I was blown away by the snugness of the seats, and overall super impressed with the build quality generally. ETA June 2024, possibly sooner pending cancelled orders.