• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Australian Type R Order/Info Thread

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
I suspect that discrepancy is because of the dealership you signed with. Each dealership gets different allocations and has varying queue length. So you might get some wildly different outcomes.

Any idea when is shipment 2?
Sponsored

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Exactly the same boat. He said in an email today they got two cars and I wasn't in the first batch.
Paid my deposit as soon as they opened and signed my contract on 1 December.
It's pretty obvious the dealer principal got the first car and the other is the demo.
Of course they will never admit that.
We were never going to be first.
Smoke and Mirrors...welcome to the Thunderdome! :flame:

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Only 2 cars? How big is the total Australian first shipment? Is your dealership a small one?

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR (FL5), BMW M2C (F87)
I suspect that discrepancy is because of the dealership you signed with. Each dealership gets different allocations and has varying queue length. So you might get some wildly different outcomes.

Any idea when is shipment 2?
From memory I was the 7th deposit the dealer took but I understand some ahead of me pulled out when official pricing was launched. I know the dealer was listing the deposits with Honda Aus when they were taken as well.

Re future shipments, the dealer said they are expecting a rough delivery timetable from Honda Aus for all the orders taken early next year. I'm hoping there are monthly shipments.

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly the same boat. He said in an email today they got two cars and I wasn't in the first batch.
Paid my deposit as soon as they opened and signed my contract on 1 December.
It's pretty obvious the dealer principal got the first car and the other is the demo.
Of course they will never admit that.
We were never going to be first.
Smoke and Mirrors...welcome to the Thunderdome! :flame:
Bugger... On the positive side, at least the tight supply and strong demand should keep the future values strong

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Do you also have a small dealer? Cos that's pretty early in the queue. I was like 20 for my Sydney dealer. No idea when I'll get mine

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Bugger... On the positive side, at least the tight supply and strong demand should keep the future values strong
Until they flood the market in 2024 and 2025 when supply problems ease. I reckon there's an even chance of that happening. This is no Nissan GT-R, whose prices have doubled due to rarity after production ceased

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you also have a small dealer? Cos that's pretty early in the queue. I was like 20 for my Sydney dealer. No idea when I'll get mine
One of the main Brisbane dealers

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Sigh. Better be patient then

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Formula Honda Glen Osmond in Adelaide. Tiny and useless. Jesse the sales agent was good but he left last week just as first allocations were about to come out, so whatever position he might have been holding for me evaporated and the DP took over and DP'd me. If I don't get a car in the next batch I'm pulling out and buying something else. No interest in a lack of transparency and game playing.

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Sorry to hear. That's the problem with building a relationship with sales reps. It could all be for nothing.

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formula Honda Glen Osmond in Adelaide. Tiny and useless. Jesse the sales agent was good but he left last week just as first allocations were about to come out, so whatever position he might have been holding for me evaporated and the DP took over and DP'd me. If I don't get a car in the next batch I'm pulling out and buying something else. No interest in a lack of transparency and game playing.
Such an inconsistent and frustrating process... Was hoping with the agency model that it wouldn't be down to what dealer you went through and there would be consistency nationally. Fingers crossed we get clearer info early next year and that you get a car in the next batch JBO as it seems like its going to be a cracker.

Reactions: JBO

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
Had a call from my local dealer in Canberra to let me know they should be getting a display FL5 in February as I offered to put my LE on display with it when it arrives.

Apparently they have 9 cars confirmed arriving in the first batch, likely March, but not sure how many beyond that.

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
So your dealer gets 9 cars whilst the other dealer gets 2. Must be representative of sales volume?

What I don't understand, is why bother having demo cars on a car that has this level of excess demand. If the cars are sold out for the entire 2023, what's the point of having demo cars right now? That's like, what, 50 cars across Australia that could be in the hands of people who paid deposits. They can always get demo cars later.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
What I don't understand, is why bother having demo cars on a car that has this level of excess demand.
Must admit I was very surprised as I expected to have my car on display with a customer car. And when I said demo the salesman made a point of saying it was a display model.

Also I assume it is owned by Honda Australia which would mean 80+ if every dealer got one but I suspect they might only have 1-2 on display in each major city.
Sponsored