• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boomba Racing Weighted Shift Knobs

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Links to buy

Black: Click Me

White with anodized ring: Click Me

420g vs. the 180g of a stock knob.

These shift knobs feature a precision CNC machined brass core for added weight as well as a white delrin shell for durability, excellent appearance and ‘temperature management’. A heavier shift knob puts the weight towards the end of the shift lever. This increased momentum while shifting gives you a greater mechanical advantage, allowing for a much more positive feeling throw when rowing through the gears. The delrin shell features a cap with an engraved shift pattern. Since these knobs are delrin, it prevents the surface of the shift knob from getting too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. These shift knobs make a great addition to your Tenth Gen interior!

**Compatible with OEM & Boomba Racing Short Shift lever, or any shift lever with a thread pitch of 10x1.5**

11th Gen Honda Civic Boomba Racing Weighted Shift Knobs 33116951514_c462bc7a2d_b

11th Gen Honda Civic Boomba Racing Weighted Shift Knobs 33919311786_968c94a4ff_b

11th Gen Honda Civic Boomba Racing Weighted Shift Knobs 33147328273_f504ee1c67_b

11th Gen Honda Civic Boomba Racing Weighted Shift Knobs 33116955314_9cd15a427f_b
Sponsored

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Any plans on making a black one with the colored inserts and collar?

White looks really strange in a mostly black interior.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Any plans on making a black one with the colored inserts and collar?

White looks really strange in a mostly black interior.
I can forward the idea along to our engineers!

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
I can forward the idea along to our engineers!
Awesome!

Question though, I noticed that in the installation video, you have to cut the shiftboot to fit the knob. is that necessary? Wouldn't cutting the boot basically restrict you from using other knobs in the future ?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Awesome!

Question though, I noticed that in the installation video, you have to cut the shiftboot to fit the knob. is that necessary? Wouldn't cutting the boot basically restrict you from using other knobs in the future ?
Due to the design of the stock knob, you don't "have" to cut the boot, however there will be a gap between the boot and the knob if you do not.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
One last question, could I order the black knob but with a silver shift patter insert ?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
One last question, could I order the black knob but with a silver shift patter insert ?
Yes, just specify so in your order comments. Just note that the black knobs do not have an anodized trim ring.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Is the height of the installed shifter any lower than stock? I feel the stock one is a bit too high..

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Is the height of the installed shifter any lower than stock? I feel the stock one is a bit too high..
This sits slightly lower than the OEM one.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Is there any way to get this knob seated a little higher? I could see myself buying a black one (if I can get a red gate marker) if there were a way to not have the finished product looking so... stubby.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Is there any way to get this knob seated a little higher? I could see myself buying a black one (if I can get a red gate marker) if there were a way to not have the finished product looking so... stubby.
This is one of those things you really have to feel to understand. When designing the product we played with the idea of a higher knob but settled on this lower version due to the way it feels. You can get a black one with a red cap so long as you specify so in your order comments!

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
This is one of those things you really have to feel to understand. When designing the product we played with the idea of a higher knob but settled on this lower version due to the way it feels. You can get a black one with a red cap so long as you specify so in your order comments!
Hm... Do you happen to have any photos of the black one installed? I'm giving it some serious consideration.

Then again, I'm like a week away from buying the "sloppy" shifter assembly from the regular Civic 6MTs from one of our forum brethren. Having a knob more than 2x the weight might be too much momentum :D
Sponsored