• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
my guess is as good as yours, i don't think this is something the dealerships have control over
just sounds like Honda Canada is not a priority when it comes to Type Rs other products like CRVs and HRVs are, so it sounds like the US has better priority when it comes to Type Rs which sucks

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
This is totally ridiculous, did you call Honda Canada? I got an answer from one of my Instagram post. I got a link to call on the camera I called and they told me they cannot give me any information or any help in my situation. I can’t believe Honda doesn’t want our money.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I wouldn't take it so personally.

Honda can't produce enough of anything short of the Honda Ridgeline.

They want your money. They want the volume and market share. They just can't do it. You calling them won't increase production.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Yup, we just have to deal with it.

I hope they pull a Toyota and decide to build more to alleviate demand, but I want to be realistic and I have alternatives in mind if it doesn't pan out. Fortunately, I'm not immediate need of car so I can wait it out for now.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
my guess is as good as yours, i don't think this is something the dealerships have control over
just sounds like Honda Canada is not a priority when it comes to Type Rs other products like CRVs and HRVs are, so it sounds like the US has better priority when it comes to Type Rs which sucks
Based on how allocations of been distributed compared to other countries, it seems like we're at the bottom lol.

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
As a former dealer employee in the Acura dealerships here in Quebec all I can say it is very possible that Honda Canada allocation numbers are wrong on multiple occasions in the past situations like this happened all the time, some worse than others, I agree, their supply chain shortages, but at the end of the day, it is not right Honda should be allocating more cards to Canada in all models. I think they underestimate the market here.

Rpz

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model Y
I connected with my dealer yesterday and they said there is no communication from Honda Canada so they have no idea when my car is coming. They are hoping to receive some sort of update in the spring. Ridiculous thing is they don't even have my colour confirmed. The order is placed and I will be getting a car but the colour may be a surprise.

Frustrating to say the least but I am in no rush and glad to be getting one regrardless of colour

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I've was told 2024 late last year. All these updates from the 2023 folks is making me nervous.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
My connects at the GTA dealerships I'm working with have said there's a few coming in the next 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I still have to wait a bit later for mine. So I guess the spring timeframe was right for some....

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
hi to all Canadians, pleas join our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/494266772903138/?ref=share_group_link

as we are multiple people having issues and getting information from honda Canada I think we should really start looking into petitions and teaming up together as a team to get our cars, this whole situation is getting quite ridiculous

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I was told its a 2024 car, and that I should get it spring or summer. No updates as of yet.

its supposed to be CW but I want a red. If anyone’s timing works out happy to exchange before ownership

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Just coming back from Blue Mountain and thought I'd take a peak at the Red Type R at New Roads Honda in New Market. Looks like it’s gone now.
Sponsored

Last edited: