• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I wouldn’t say I’m high up any list but for sure, no dealer has outright refunded me yet. I’ve had 2 just ask me if I wanted a refund or just to play it out. There’s a dealer that has no clue what’s going on nor does their management as I guess they don’t get many updates from their GSM and another dealer that has biweekly meetings and doesn’t say shit until I follow up. They’re all playing a shitty limbo game coupled with phone tag and he said she said. It’s a shit show. I’m about done and also just letting it play out until summer and then if I don’t get refunded, I’m gonna pull them all and probably aim for a 24 golf r or maybe an fk8 if prices fall a bit. It’s nice seeing people get their cars finally and super happy for them. Hopefully I get to see some of you on the street lol.
I'm in the same spot, I haven't had my deposit refunded and haven't heard diddly from the dealership. May I ask which ones? I have the Golf R as my second choice (hoping they have the updated dash and steering wheel by mid-late next year) if things fall through.
Sponsored

Randomguy7890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, R32 GTR
Should I be concerned that my dealer has no known allocation beyond the 1 they are getting come spring? Sounds like most dealers have put in orders for 2024 and beyond. Not sure what they mean by allocation here. Is it even possible a GTA dealer only gets 1 car over the whole run? That would totally suck if true lol
I'd be concerned. My friend has gotten confirmation that he will receive a 2025. In my area, the people who are receiving allocations have already been notified for 2024 and above.

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
So has anyone had their dealer not refund their deposit but is higher in the list? My dealer keeps saying to wait and “he’s got my back” despite not getting enough cars to fill my order…at the moment. Really friendly and knowledgeable dealer but seems weird they would keep my deposit unless the suspect some folks will drop out.. I dunno
I am on the lower side of a list and have not heard a single update since October 28, other than reiterating my spot and that ETA, let alone color are unknown. The deposit has not been refunded...yet.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Would it make sense to have a list of confirmed allocations and deposits only to keep track of the dealerships? I get some may not want to give up any info but at least we'll know were we all stand.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I'd be concerned. My friend has gotten confirmation that he will receive a 2025. In my area, the people who are receiving allocations have already been notified for 2024 and above.
confirmation from who Honda or the dealership (i think we all now know to take what dealerships say with a grain of salt, some are honest and genuine but majority are toying or bsing)

I think someone mentioned and it makes sense that 2022 and 2023 allocations went through to Honda already and soon customers will be told if not already picked up their car when the delivery would be ..2024 and 2025 orders are still tbd

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
My thoughts too. Since when did Honda dealers know of an allocation for a MY years in advanced? They might know a rough number (mine said 3-4) but I'm talking about real allocations in the system for 2024 and beyond.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
has anyone or anyone they know ever gotten contacted by Honda directly after their dealership submitted their order to Honda... or is communication always through the dealership only....

i was told by the dealer that my order got submitted and i should be receiving information from Honda but so far i haven't gotten anything, all i see is the credit card charges both with slightly similar dealer names

called Honda customer relations and they couldn't give me any info, they said orders go to head office and each dealer works with a rep, asked to be transferred to them, was told they don't have a number or department but if you know their name you can search their phone directory dial their name in...was useless me guessing names working at honda head office 😅

Last edited:

Eddiechen

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX
I put my deposit down in 2021 March for a FK8 in Vancouver BC, but I didn’t get the car, so I asked the sales guy to hold my deposit for the FL5 back in 2021 December. He told me I’m the top 3 on the list, but don’t know why he couldn’t tell me what my exact number is.

They don’t have any information or updates to me, didn’t tell me if they sent my order to Honda or not. Yesterday the rep just told me they will contact me only if his manager tell him there’s one available for me. I put my deposit down for long enough, I’m sick of this bs.

Last edited:

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
I'm in the same spot, I haven't had my deposit refunded and haven't heard diddly from the dealership. May I ask which ones? I have the Golf R as my second choice (hoping they have the updated dash and steering wheel by mid-late next year) if things fall through.
Richmond hill Honda and Pickering Honda asked me but only after I reached out for updates. I’m not high up on either and very very unlikely I’ll be able to get anything from either of these dealers unless at least 5 people drop out lmao. Richmond hill Honda wouldn’t tell me how many people put deposits down or even what to expect from the beginning. I can rant on about them but just gonna bite my tongue. At least Pickering knows they’ll get 2 per year. If anyone of you are high up either of these 2 dealers, hope you get your car and a good experience.

do you have a deposit for the 2023 golf r? Or waiting on 2024? Wondering when I should put it in lol

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
do you have a deposit for the 2023 golf r? Or waiting on 2024? Wondering when I should put it in lol
I was waiting to hear back from Honda about the Type R before I put the order in for the Golf R. I know one of the guys on here decided not to wait and put an order in for one recently. He was told it wouldn't arrive till the Fall '23 but there's good chance it would come sooner. I think I'm going to wait till the January to hear something from Honda (was expecting if I got chosen for an allocation, it wouldn't be here till spring next year) before I switch to the Golf R. I still have an FG2 to keep me somewhat entertained lol.

Serehn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7
Well. This is as good as an offer as I can get. Haven't signed the bill of sale so I can still turn around but...

65k all in.
20k trade in (average trade in value)
-appearance package - paint, fabric, rust protection and undercoat
-high wall type r mats, cargo tray, block heater splash guards
- 2 year tire and rim protect, 7y warranty/130k
-xpel full hood fenders, bumper, a pillar, mirror

My other option was a 2020 57k BB Fk8 that was in okay condition for 50k all in with a 25k offer on trade in.

So, basically 20k more for the new type r with most accessories I would consider anyways. I always expected the car to be 60k as every place will add packages. 5k more than I hoped for but I expect flippers to try to sell the car for 60k anyways next year... Consider it 5k to know I've been the only one who's driven the car and fair value for my trade in. Apologies to all those who push to get msrp only as I guess I'm part of the problem. Cheers and good luck you guys.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Well. This is as good as an offer as I can get. Haven't signed the bill of sale so I can still turn around but...

65k all in.

My other option was a 2020 57k BB Fk8 that was in okay condition for 50k all in with a 25k offer on trade in.

So, basically 20k more for the new type r with most accessories I would consider anyways. I always expected the car to be 60k as every place will add packages. 5k more than I hoped for but I expect flippers to try to sell the car for 60k anyways next year... Consider it 5k to know I've been the only one who's driven the car and fair value for my trade in. Apologies to all those who push to get msrp only as I guess I'm part of the problem. Cheers and good luck you guys.
The price of the used FK8 is what is pushed me to get new.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86

65k all in.

Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do. If you're comfortable paying more, more power to you!
Sponsored

Last edited: