• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Red one at dealership, sold already.

IMG-20221115-WA0003.jpg
from what you can see, what protective films are on the car, clearly the white ones on the side skirts, the seats inside... but it looks like the hood has a protective film from... usually all these come off during pdi... but i might tell the dealer to keep them on... i will unwrap it ...I am starting to like the red more now, looks so luscious and yummy
Sponsored

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
okay so about the whole dealership, ordering and the reservation list

now that a handful of people in Canada actually took delivery of their FL5 do we understand this whole process better now

I am still confused about the following:

• Does Honda HQ assign allocations to dealership (including colors and delivery year(s)) ? If so, then what is the point of dealerships submitting orders when they already got allocation, while others just found out recently their allocation if any
  • Or do dealerships submit orders and Honda HQ approve/fulfill or deny said order(s) ?

I started thinking about the above because of this interaction over the last 3-4 weeks

there is a dealership that know they are getting one in 2023. But they have not yet officially sold the car yet. I asked them you had a list of potential buyers that put deposits with you including myself, what is the hold up ! either sell the car to the #1 or move down your list.

Their answer was that the #1 person is "thinking about it" and getting "financing" in place.

I wanted to be empathetic and be fair as I don't know people's situation so I will just be patient and wait for another week or so but not much more than that as it has been 4 weeks already...I'd like to know where we stand firmly so I can make decisions, at this point everything is known the color, roughly when it's coming(2023) and the msrp ... at this point usually sales person would start drafting up paper work

Meanwhile me at another dealer I was #9 (Precision Honda) and they recently found out they're getting 3, so i am out and was refunded

This makes me think that dealers submit orders and HQ responds or denies orders and if i had to guess the response started coming on or after the day the msrp was announced by Honda

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I was basically told that any vehicle coming in now, was for an order placed in 2021 or early 2022. This likely means the dealer placed an order back then with or without an actual buyer and this is the vehicle to complete that order.

I suppose this alludes to Honda Canada delivering per order, which suggests if production ramps up we may see more cars being available.

This is also my guess why some dealers have cars, others don't yet, simply because they placed an order earlier than the rest.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
makes sense.. it sucks that the dealer i initially placed an order with back in 2021 flopped on me and deemed #4 a year after the fact

so i guess dealers put their order to Honda on the day the msrp was announced even if some sort of order was placed between the dealer and the customer as far back as 2021 but back then colors weren't even available

and Honda can either fulfill the order or say all you're getting is so and so color and you're getting by certain year while other dealers may be getting non

like i am just wondering if a dealer placed an order for a white one but they ended up only getting a SGP one for example

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I was basically told that any vehicle coming in now, was for an order placed in 2021 or early 2022. This likely means the dealer placed an order back then with or without an actual buyer and this is the vehicle to complete that order.

I suppose this alludes to Honda Canada delivering per order, which suggests if production ramps up we may see more cars being available.

This is also my guess why some dealers have cars, others don't yet, simply because they placed an order earlier than the rest.
If that's the case, which I would be okay with, I don't think I have a problem with that. I decided to wait till the unveiling back in July before putting a deposit down so realistically, I'm not expecting a car till spring of next year.

I think for most of us that have deposits down, it's just the waiting game and not knowing what's actually going on. I suppose not getting the deposit refunded remains a good sign until we hear otherwise should be enough but when you want something, you want something lol.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
makes sense.. it sucks that the dealer i initially placed an order with back in 2021 flopped on me and deemed #4 a year after the fact

so i guess dealers put their order to Honda on the day the msrp was announced even if some sort of order was placed between the dealer and the customer as far back as 2021 but back then colors weren't even available

and Honda can either fulfill the order or say all you're getting is so and so color and you're getting by certain year while other dealers may be getting non

like i am just wondering if a dealer placed an order for a white one but they ended up only getting a SGP one for example
If that's the case though, one could assume that dealerships can go down their list and start choosing individuals and notify them, unless the allocation numbers have changed. What would be the point of holding deposits if there's no car (now and in the future) to reserve?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
yeah that's most likely the case, i was more interested in finding out how the order vs allocation works between dealers and Honda

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Good questions @sam3r_11, the whole process is confusing as heck. I guess if you havent had a deposit refunded its a decent sign they have some faith of fulfilling an order during the FL5 run. Looks like a lot more waiting ahead for most of us.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Good questions @sam3r_11, the whole process is confusing as heck. I guess if you havent had a deposit refunded its a decent sign they have some faith of fulfilling an order during the FL5 run. Looks like a lot more waiting ahead for most of us.
I heard on the Savage Geese video that they have 10k cars to produce for the JDM market and that they could have more orders to go NA way after those are built. But who really knows

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
After reading some members mention how a dealership in Northern Alberta was advertising a 2023 Type R through GoAuto, I’ve been reaching out to many dealerships over the weekend despite being fourth in queue with a nearby dealership.

With outright luck and I guess coincidental timing, happened to time it right in securing a ‘24 allocation that was already confirmed via Stripe $500 deposit. Quite excited at this point !

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
After reading some members mention how a dealership in Northern Alberta was advertising a 2023 Type R through GoAuto, I’ve been reaching out to many dealerships over the weekend despite being fourth in queue with a nearby dealership.

With outright luck and I guess coincidental timing, happened to time it right in securing a ‘24 allocation that was already confirmed via Stripe $500 deposit. Quite excited at this point !
Congrats! Do you know what color ?

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3

Congrats! Just to be sure your dealer is in Northern Alberta and not Calgary area right?

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
For us Canadians - It's not the most informative, just something else to watch lol

Sponsored