• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
After reading some members mention how a dealership in Northern Alberta was advertising a 2023 Type R through GoAuto, I’ve been reaching out to many dealerships over the weekend despite being fourth in queue with a nearby dealership.

With outright luck and I guess coincidental timing, happened to time it right in securing a ‘24 allocation that was already confirmed via Stripe $500 deposit. Quite excited at this point !
Weird they told me days ago it was already sold. Wonder if they backed out?

good for you congrats.
Sponsored

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I went to a dealer and saw an FL5. It shows SOLD, but it isn’t after I talked deeper with their sales manager. The dealership charge 5k -6k add-on for some useless package, but the “main dishes” is the trade-in. They're not willing to make a deal without a trade-in. The trade-in value is 20k less than another dealership. 20k + 5-6k = 25k plus mark up 🤬🤬

raptorfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
was
I went to a dealer and saw an FL5. It shows SOLD, but it isn’t after I talked deeper with their sales manager. The dealership charge 5k -6k add-on for some useless package, but the “main dishes” is the trade-in. They're not willing to make a deal without a trade-in. The trade-in value is 20k less than another dealership. 20k + 5-6k = 25k plus mark up 🤬🤬
Oufffff, quite the markup. Ontario?

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Wow, that's crazy. What car and what did they offer on the trade-in?

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
Wow which dealer is that?

Also anyone in Markham or Toronto area know of dealers with cars on lot? I don’t care if sold, I just wanna ogle at it lol. Don’t think I can visit Honda hq visitor centre tomorrow before they close lol.

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Maybe someone knows more than I do (most likely!). but I was under the impression from my dealer that although one could put an order in for a specific colour, they seemed to indicate that Honda would just ship what ever they had, and then the dealer would go down the list of deposits and see if the first person wanted the colour they were shipped. If not, it would trickle down to the next person. I think everyone on the wait list at my dealership put white as first colour and had to give a 2nd colour choice. I am 5th at my dealership and was hoping maybe another colour would come in and the people above me would take a pass, waiting for a white one. Comments?

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Maybe someone knows more than I do (most likely!). but I was under the impression from my dealer that although one could put an order in for a specific colour, they seemed to indicate that Honda would just ship what ever they had, and then the dealer would go down the list of deposits and see if the first person wanted the colour they were shipped. If not, it would trickle down to the next person. I think everyone on the wait list at my dealership put white as first colour and had to give a 2nd colour choice. I am 5th at my dealership and was hoping maybe another colour would come in and the people above me would take a pass, waiting for a white one. Comments?
That's more or less what I've heard as well, but it seems more like the dealers are being told (at least some) what colour they are getting over the next little while. That being said one dealer I was talking with told me they ordered white for their one and only car, so I don't really know what information is real or fake. I think we're just along for the ride at this point!

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
That's my understanding too, it's a request by the dealer but ultimately up to corporate to dole them out. Also, here we are another week gone and no real updates or new deliveries it seems. I guess my car is not showing up this week? Lol. The wait continues...

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I'm confirmed getting a championship white this summer 2024 model year. I wanted a red, if anyone has one now/ confirmed getting soon and wants a white then let me know. Ontario based.
Congrats, can I ask how your dealer knows this so far out? Did you go through the stripe system etc?

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
That's my understanding too, it's a request by the dealer but ultimately up to corporate to dole them out. Also, here we are another week gone and no real updates or new deliveries it seems. I guess my car is not showing up this week? Lol. The wait continues...
Let me give you some news of a new delivery then lol

Openroads Brampton, and let me say, man pictures don't do it justice. It's subtle, but so unmistakably not a normal civic and something special.

I'm trying to upload pics, but apparently the files are too big...
Sponsored