• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
HA figured it out, not as dumb as I look. Excuse the 3 photos with the shit lighting that giant window and snow on the ground doesn't help for photos

Also I checked and the shipping blocks are still on, which is why it sits so high

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 20221118_121945

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 20221118_122018

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 20221118_122028

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 20221118_122038

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 20221118_122557
Sponsored

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Maybe someone knows more than I do (most likely!). but I was under the impression from my dealer that although one could put an order in for a specific colour, they seemed to indicate that Honda would just ship what ever they had, and then the dealer would go down the list of deposits and see if the first person wanted the colour they were shipped. If not, it would trickle down to the next person. I think everyone on the wait list at my dealership put white as first colour and had to give a 2nd colour choice. I am 5th at my dealership and was hoping maybe another colour would come in and the people above me would take a pass, waiting for a white one. Comments?
That's more or less what I've heard as well, but it seems more like the dealers are being told (at least some) what colour they are getting over the next little while. That being said one dealer I was talking with told me they ordered white for their one and only car, so I don't really know what information is real or fake. I think we're just along for the ride at this point!
That's my understanding too, it's a request by the dealer but ultimately up to corporate to dole them out. Also, here we are another week gone and no real updates or new deliveries it seems. I guess my car is not showing up this week? Lol. The wait continues...

i think you all are on the right track, we are just guessing here but that's the only logical explanation. from my experience as well, is that dealers put orders through for specific colors when msrp was announced but corporate already had allocations planned ahead of time for schedule amount of units and colors and dealers just started finding out what they are getting.... because to me it doesn't make sense to order something and be told what you're getting and it's a take it or leave it

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
HA figured it out, not as dumb as I look. Excuse the 3 photos with the shit lighting that giant window and snow on the ground doesn't help for photos

Also I checked and the shipping blocks are still on, which is why it sits so high

20221118_121945.jpg

20221118_122018.jpg

20221118_122028.jpg

20221118_122038.jpg

20221118_122557.jpg
Looks great! Happy to see some more movement this week in the GTA.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I'm confirmed getting a championship white this summer 2024 model year. I wanted a red, if anyone has one now/ confirmed getting soon and wants a white then let me know. Ontario based.
congrats!! are you getting a 2024 model in the summer of 2023 or 2024 ? and yes i got allocated a red one Q1 of 2023 but no further details or bos signed yet but i got email confirmation that they sent my order to Honda and the red one is reserved for me
@sam3r_11 is looking for a CW
thanks for tagging me this community is so helpful i hope everyone here gets one

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
congrats!! are you getting a 2024 model in the summer of 2023 or 2024 ? and yes i got allocated a red one Q1 of 2023 but no further details or bos signed yet but i got email confirmation that they sent my order to Honda and the red one is reserved for me

thanks for tagging me this community is so helpful i hope everyone here gets one
Was gonna say you were looking for a CW

raptorfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Maybe someone knows more than I do (most likely!). but I was under the impression from my dealer that although one could put an order in for a specific colour, they seemed to indicate that Honda would just ship what ever they had, and then the dealer would go down the list of deposits and see if the first person wanted the colour they were shipped. If not, it would trickle down to the next person. I think everyone on the wait list at my dealership put white as first colour and had to give a 2nd colour choice. I am 5th at my dealership and was hoping maybe another colour would come in and the people above me would take a pass, waiting for a white one. Comments?
Knowing how the situation is shaping up I wonder if people who initially wanted white would turn down a red or blue or blackā€¦.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Got offered a red one for $70 grand at a GTA dealer, looks like Honda cares more about its dealers than its customers. Not with my money, time to start shopping other brands.
That's ridiculous. First withholding the car without a trade in and now markups. Can you say which dealership?

Also, looks like Formula Honda is reposting their "sold" Civic Type R on Kijiji.

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1668816947028

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Knowing how the situation is shaping up I wonder if people who initially wanted white would turn down a red or blue or blackā€¦.
If Iā€™m lucky enough to get my MY-2025 allocation eventually, Iā€™m not turning down any colour, even red (my least desired choice). I would be over-the-moon happy with White, ecstatic with Black or Sonic Grey, but would definitely take Boost Blue or Red too if given no choice.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I heard on a video you cant have the R+ Gauge Cluster in Individual mode. You can on my car. Wonder if its a Canadian only thing or can all cars do it?

EDIT: Looks like US cars can do it too.

Individual mode is awesome! R+ Cluster, Comfort sound, and Comfort Suspension is sweet.

Last edited:

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
That's ridiculous. First withholding the car without a trade in and now markups. Can you say which dealership?

Also, looks like Formula Honda is reposting their "sold" Civic Type R on Kijiji.

1668816947028.png

I think this is the boat Iā€™m in with my first dealership. I had a deposit since January and twice they asked if I had a trade in and Iā€™ve said no. They have been ghosting the shit out of me but havenā€™t returned my deposit. I think itā€™s pretty fucked that if I want to buy a new Honda Civic I have to first go buy something to sell them at a discount.

I hope all these dealers take it in the ass once the manufacturers go to online sales. I hope they end up homeless and most importantly, without a vehicle.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I think this is the boat Iā€™m in with my first dealership. I had a deposit since January and twice they asked if I had a trade in and Iā€™ve said no. They have been ghosting the shit out of me but havenā€™t returned my deposit. I think itā€™s pretty fucked that if I want to buy a new Honda Civic I have to first go buy something to sell them at a discount.

I hope all these dealers take it in the ass once the manufacturers go to online sales. I hope they end up homeless and most importantly, without a vehicle.
LoL and people said I had anger management issues šŸ¤£.

But I agree with you. I went into Formula to force my deposit to be returned.

They still don't know who they are selling to. However, they 100% will require a trade in and aiming for $65k+ for final selling price.

On top of that, they want to give u under market for your trade in.

abitolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 accord
under OMVIC rules in Ontario if they cannot deliver in 4 months you get your deposit back, contact OMVIC if you are having a problem

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
LoL and people said I had anger management issues šŸ¤£.

But I agree with you. I went into Formula to force my deposit to be returned.

They still don't know who they are selling to. However, they 100% will require a trade in and aiming for $65k+ for final selling price.

On top of that, they want to give u under market for your trade in.
The bullshit part about the trade in is twice this summer I went to them with VINs of a 2017 CTR and a 2008 M3 that I wanted to buy interm that I would have traded in for the Type R and they told me not to. That I should wait and be patient because the FL5 was worth the wait. If thatā€™s the driving reason behind their behaviour then Iā€™ll definitely be filing a complaint in various places.

abitolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 accord
you should also check with OMVIC to see if the dealer owes you any interest on the deposit money that they are still holding if they cannot fulfill the deal. Honda sales are down about 45% in Canada because they are mis managing product parts at the assembly line, wasting their money on Red Bull in F1 which has nothing to do with their product, they should return to core values which are their customers, not their dealers. But I guess if you only sell 55% of what you were selling, you can get away with it by charging more for the ones you do sell. Unless customers look elsewhere, which would be karma!
Sponsored