• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Ca
LoL and people said I had anger management issues 🤣.

But I agree with you. I went into Formula to force my deposit to be returned.

They still don't know who they are selling to. However, they 100% will require a trade in and aiming for $65k+ for final selling price.

On top of that, they want to give u under market for your trade in.
just hit em with the 1 star as well hope they lose business over their shady practices
Sponsored

Cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Do we have any idea, how many of us already received their FL5, in Canada ?, in Quebec ?
For the lucky ones, what is your sequence number ?

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Do we have any idea, how many of us already received their FL5, in Canada ?, in Quebec ?
For the lucky ones, what is your sequence number ?
I saw at least 2-3 people from Quebec picked up their FL5 and all of them are msrp.
So far only Quebec dealer are the good one

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
So I officially asked for my deposit to be refunded because I’m too far up the list and even if Honda gets their shit together and sends us more it won’t be for a few years. I will revisit this then. Good luck in your search!

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
saw this article not fl5 specific, but basically shows the loophole and how omvic board is mostly run by dealer affiliates, surprise!!

so if you find an honest dealer selling at msrp, buy them donuts, or beer it something because i feel everyone wants to ride this wave in the current economic conditions before a gloomy forecast

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/market-adjustment-fee-car-sales-1.6653676

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
saw this article not fl5 specific, but basically shows the loophole and how omvic board is mostly run by dealer affiliates, surprise!!

so if you find an honest dealer selling at msrp, buy them donuts, or beer it something because i feel everyone wants to ride this wave in the current economic conditions before a gloomy forecast

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/market-adjustment-fee-car-sales-1.6653676
Kia did that to my parents as well, but the dealer they bought from said Kia themselves raised the price and it was out of their control. Their bos didn't show any "market adjustment" just a new innitial price.

That being said the dealer I am (maybe) getting a car from let me bully my way up the list because I had a brand new trade in. Friend of mine went to look at the car in the showroom and the guy told him if he had an FK8 to trade in he could get him an allocation... Not making me feel that confident about getting one anymore, seeing as the sales manager told me they are only getting 6 and the first 2 are sold and pressumably the next 4 as well...

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Was just looking at that same article. This shit is out of control. I'm just waiting for when they finally say we can do the final BOS for the 2024 at the agreed upon loophole upcharge, and hope they don't screw me other again because someone else wants to pay more.

Every other day I'm browsing used cars and thinking about building a k20/k24 EK hatch and getting something AWD for winter. For the money I'd have to pay on FL5, I'm sure I can have two wicked rides. I think if they screw me over again, I'd probably go that route. Even considered importing like a 2006 CTR, but not sure I want to deal with RHD at left turns.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I too am feeling the screwing, have zero faith I will ever get this car, really sucks. Cant even get my dealer to tell me if they will get another allocation after the 1st one was supposed to be mine ugh still salty about that

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
wasting their money on Red Bull in F1 which has nothing to do with their product, they should return to core values which are their customers, not their dealers.
To be fair, their core values IS racing in F1. They literally started racing in F1 just 1 year after building their first car ever.

That being said, I agree that more pressure should be put to keeping customers happy and not the dealers.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
I too am feeling the screwing, have zero faith I will ever get this car, really sucks. Cant even get my dealer to tell me if they will get another allocation after the 1st one was supposed to be mine ugh still salty about that
That's some schoolyard bullshit. I blame them, but also Honda could have been much more transparent and also given us more cars... I made the sales manager give me in writing my BOS is for one of the 2024's incoming, but even still I'm not very confident in that anymore lol Oh well now we wait or jump ship to something else in a years time.

abitolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 accord
To be fair, their core values IS racing in F1. They literally started racing in F1 just 1 year after building their first car ever.

That being said, I agree that more pressure should be put to keeping customers happy and not the dealers.
Must disagree slightly, a car company is in business to sell product so they can keep shareholders happy. They may choose to participate in racing as an advertising tool, but that is not a core value, it is a PR tool. With Honda losing market share by 45% then something is really wrong in head office. Toyota lost the same market share but they are back with much better sales numbers. Honda cannot, or perhaps chooses not, to increase its production. This will give it reason to sell vehicles at a higher price ( you have noticed how their vehicle prices have jumped ) and very few bottom line vehicles are available, but more top of the line high profit ones. The dealers marking up the product hurts the brand, which hopefully will bite both dealers and Honda in the end as people jump ship. But one thing is for sure, I bet no year end bonuses were affected at Honda the last few years at Head office, because in their glass house they are doing a great job as money rolls in with favorable exchange rates. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored