• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I'm so confused now. I'm debating calling a few Acura dealers and getting on some lists. Only problem is I like the look of the Type R more, also I feel like the Type S is going to be way heavier and full of gross ass leather making it a slip n' slide seat on the track. Not to mention the price, $50k? $55k? $58k? Who really knows. Or say fuck it and hold out for my 2024 Type R, I'm supposedly promised whenever that may arrive
It doesn’t hurt to get on a list, at least then you have the option. Best not to wait too long or it’s the same nonsense as with the CTR.
Sponsored

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I'm so confused now. I'm debating calling a few Acura dealers and getting on some lists. Only problem is I like the look of the Type R more, also I feel like the Type S is going to be way heavier and full of gross ass leather making it a slip n' slide seat on the track. Not to mention the price, $50k? $55k? $58k? Who really knows. Or say fuck it and hold out for my 2024 Type R, I'm supposedly promised whenever that may arrive
Im in exact same position as you. Might just throw my name down for cheap insurance even though I dont really want another Acura and prefer the FL5 by a wide margin.

LOL called a few dealers, one was only taking only $2500 deposits with apparently 20 deposits, theres a sucker born every minute. Laughed and hung up. Got my name on a few others for now.

Last edited:

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
My opinion on the Integra Type S is its going to be mechanically the same as the Civic and I think its going to be 10k over. So 60k MSRP CDN.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
My opinion on the Integra Type S is its going to be mechanically the same as the Civic and I think its going to be 10k over. So 60k MSRP CDN.
I don't see a $60k price tag, seeing as their manual A-Spec top trim currently is only $$42k, same as the SI (same motor too? correct me if I'm wrong?). I think this one will slot in very close to the CTR price.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I don't see a $60k price tag, seeing as their manual A-Spec top trim currently is only $$42k, same as the SI (same motor too? correct me if I'm wrong?). I think this one will slot in very close to the CTR price.
Agreed, I'm thinking around 55K.

I still find it crazy that top end Civics and Integras are in the 50K+...

I wonder if my partner would be okay with used M2 instead lol.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Agreed, I'm thinking around 55K.

I still find it crazy that top end Civics and Integras are in the 50K+...

I wonder if my partner would be okay with used M2 instead lol.
I dabble with that thought Quite often

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
Funny you say that. 60k is what my temporary bill of sale says for the estimated price of a ITS.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
TLX Type S is $60,500 Starting (before freight and PDI). I will bet anyone here $100 that the Integra type S won't start @ $60,000 MSRP (before freight and PDI).

Just use some sense of logic here guys. Pricing for models all falls within a spectrum of the current brands' available cars and market competition (related vehicles).

Audi S3 Technik starts at $57,000 (Komfort Starting at $ 50,600), and Acura will undercut Audi by maybe $1K. My bet is fully loaded Teggy Type S starts at $56,500. If things get crazy maybe $58,500

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1670445259452

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1670445482020

Last edited:

Rumble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Yeah, putting your name on an Acura list wouldn't be a bad thing as long as it's not $2500 like what Vaughan wants. Crazy! My dealership in Markham has 6 allocations for the 2024 MY and are already all filled up. They will try to get more but no promises. It's rare, but definitely not as rare as CTR.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yeah, putting your name on an Acura list wouldn't be a bad thing as long as it's not $2500 like what Vaughan wants. Crazy! My dealership in Markham has 6 allocations for the 2024 MY and are already all filled up. They will try to get more but no promises. It's rare, but definitely not as rare as CTR.
As long as it is refundable, $2,500 isn't bad if it's a top 3 spot. I'd imagine we will find out allocations come May? So you're not loosing too too much in value for $$.

But it is interesting they asked for $2,500 most are asking for $1,000

Rumble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
$2500 is still too much for an Acura deposit in my opinion. I was going to be 5th in line but chose to find another dealership. You also never know when that 5th car will arrive, so the lesser the deposit, the better.

Glad I found another while putting down less and getting 3rd spot elsewhere. Even if the dealership doesn't get my car until a lot later due to dealership allocations, I don't mind at all.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
$2500 is still too much for an Acura deposit in my opinion. I was going to be 5th in line but chose to find another dealership. You also never know when that 5th car will arrive, so the lesser the deposit, the better.

Glad I found another while putting down less and getting 3rd spot elsewhere. Even if the dealership doesn't get my car until a lot later due to dealership allocations, I don't mind at all.
Yup we need to call out Maple for this, its way too much and out of line. Disappointing as I've bought 2 cars from them but tired of these games so will deal with someone else.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86

See that's where I'm at for the Type R. I'm supposedly getting a 2024 model year, not sure when it will show up though. So I don't see a Type S beating it to the dealer by much or any at all for that matter. So I think I'll just hold tight and ride the wave, worst case I guess I don't get it and keep my GR and maybe order a truck to go along with it.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
I put a deposit down a month or two ago, already 30th+ in line with a paid deposit at the time. Vancouver dealer.
HOLY… The L streak continues for me then. 😂😂

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
HOLY… The L streak continues for me then. 😂😂
As someone else said, call around. I’m not in a hurry, so I just kept my deposit with this dealer that I’m familiar with. Hopefully Acura produces plenty of these.
Sponsored