• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
https://www.autotrader.ca/a/honda/civic type r/abbotsford/british columbia/5_56968666_20170731210552697/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=boost&orup=7_15_19&pc=M1B 6K3&sprx=-1

Will you look at this..

that's ridiculous i hope other dealers don't do this, let's see how long it stays on their lot, don't think anyone in their right mind would buy at that price
I’m fortunate to have gotten a FL5 but my dealer already told me they were going to call me as soon as they get the Type S in. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to even drive my car so I can’t even decide if the CTR is a tad too raw for my lifestyle.

When are the Type S‘s supposed to hit showrooms anyways?
from what i know it is going to be a 2024 model year so may be the earliest fall of 2023 in normal scenario... others on here said summer ...yeah I think what you did is sound, see how the FL5 is and always have the option to go type S if need be, other way would be more challenging IMO

most people say the FL5 is stiffer and thrashing on the track...it is going to take a bit of setup trial and error with springs and wheels to get it stiff when you want it and comfortable when you want it
Sponsored

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
from what i know it is going to be a 2024 model year so may be the earliest fall of 2023 in normal scenario... others on here said summer ...yeah I think what you did is sound, see how the FL5 is and always have the option to go type S if need be, other way would be more challenging IMO

most people say the FL5 is stiffer and thrashing on the track...it is going to take a bit of setup trial and error with springs and wheels to get it stiff when you want it and comfortable when you want it
As much as my brain wants the rawness of the CTR, the fact is there is a small chance I’ll actually track the car. The Type S might be the better fit for me but long term I think the CTR is the more desirable/collectible car.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Yeah Acuras don't age well. Especially because there's no wing and not much external differences except 3 tip exhaust, it'll look like a TLX or integra from far enough.

I feel the ITS won't feel special enough. The CTR is more different.

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Yeah there is another one I seen on Autotrader in Richmond that they are asking 82k for.

I wouldn’t get to bent out of shape about it though, the one you posted keeps popping on and off Autotrader. they are throwing darts trying to set the market. Only start to worry if they start selling at that price.
82K lol

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R

The FL5 is quite stiff looking from this video

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
Hi to all, I’m really getting worried🥹 I am number 6 at my dealer and the only info I have from them is that they’re allocated 4 cars and two are white, I want white, Should I start shopping at other dealers, or just be patient and see how it plays out? I really worry i wont be getting one 😭I am in laval quebec Canada, I really think honda Canada stupid if the rumors are true that we’re getting less than 600 cars in the next three years🤞

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Hi to all, I’m really getting worried🥹 I am number 6 at my dealer and the only info I have from them is that they’re allocated 4 cars and two are white, I want white, Should I start shopping at other dealers, or just be patient and see how it plays out? I really worry i wont be getting one 😭I am in laval quebec Canada, I really think honda Canada stupid if the rumors are true that we’re getting less than 600 cars in the next three years🤞

Hate to break it to you but considering every dealer I have talked ha said the same thing the low production numbers for Canada is a real thing. (At least for now) all dealers know how many they are getting over the next 3 years. So if your 6th you likely won’t get one unless someone in front of you passes because they want a certain colour or can’t get approved if they are financing. To play it safe I would put a deposit down on the Integra Type S, it will have the same drivetrain as the Type R and likely be more available although still limited. This may all change in future years when auto manufacturers catch up with production of the “normal” cars that are in demand. I was in the same position but 7th and pulled my deposit because my dealer only had 4 coming now I am near the front for a Type S.

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
I tried to call honda Canada customer service yesterday to try to get some more information and it was a complete waste of time, they had zero information and don’t know anything going on with the type r. All they Did was try to call my dealer and try to get information. Of course every time I called no one answered at the dealer, so she just left a voicemail.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Hate to say it but I would think the entire Canadian allocation is probably spoken for already. You would have to get really lucky where multiple buyer back out. Best of luck, lets hope more make there way here.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Hate to say it but I would think the entire Canadian allocation is probably spoken for already. You would have to get really lucky where multiple buyer back out. Best of luck, lets hope more make there way here.
Can't speak for other Caribbean countries but in Jamaica, some are still available for pre-order.

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
Has anyone got an update on the situation in Canada? I have tried to contact my salesman, but no response.

Kalize

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 M3, 2009 128i, 2019 Q7, 2022 WRX
My guess they will be building a lot more cars for Canada and the 500ish number is BS.
Westwood Honda has sold 2 of them in the last 3 months.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
My dealer haven't got their first one yet and still don't know when its coming. lol

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Same ^

But speaking to two dealers a mnth or so ago sounds like Canada is looking at a March-June batch

Some early US FL5s that were produced last Aug reported issues with clear coat/paint
Seat squeaking
and CEL
non are major and all are being covered under manf. warranty

but perhaps these are additional delay factors as Japan is addressing these issues

or it could be that UK, NZ and Australia and indo pacific got their 1st batch recently and considering we got our 1st batch already we go back into the Q
Sponsored