• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
My Acura dealer just called me I can have a Type S by summer, passed on black for June but can have a colour of my choice shortly after. So much for "limited"..
Sponsored

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
My Acura dealer just called me I can have a Type S by summer, passed on black for June but can have a colour of my choice shortly after. So much for "limited"..
Its not limited… at least not as limited as an FL5… good for you ! Its still a pretty expensive car, a manual one on top and finally a FWD. for enthusiast its a great car but for normal people… they prefer a model 3 or a rav-4 hybrid at this price point …

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Tbh Im not really sold on it. Willing to wait for my Type R instead, interested to see how the car reviews, but agreed lots of competition at this price point

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Its not limited… at least not as limited as an FL5… good for you ! Its still a pretty expensive car, a manual one on top and finally a FWD. for enthusiast its a great car but for normal people… they prefer a model 3 or a rav-4 hybrid at this price point …
if you just need a commuter as a non enthusiast, ITS would be pretty far down the list.
I haven't seen that many non enthusiast look for a high powered manual.
in BC, Model 3 SR+ or even Y long range is a better commuter/ family car.
I would be right to get the MY but lack of USS and upcoming refresh (in a year or so) make me not wanna get it, glad I put a deposit down on CTR early last yr.
EVs will only get better in terms of range, charging infra, battery and motor tech as time goes on..
it will be harder and harder to find cars like ITS/CTR.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
if you just need a commuter as a non enthusiast, ITS would be pretty far down the list.
I haven't seen that many non enthusiast look for a high powered manual.
in BC, Model 3 SR+ or even Y long range is a better commuter/ family car.
I would be right to get the MY but lack of USS and upcoming refresh (in a year or so) make me not wanna get it, glad I put a deposit down on CTR early last yr.
EVs will only get better in terms of range, charging infra, battery and motor tech as time goes on..
it will be harder and harder to find cars like ITS/CTR.
Agree 100%… I just think the fact that the FL5 in Canada is so rare makes us think the ITS will also be crazy rare. But I think its still a niche car and everybody that wants a ITS will probably get one compared to the FL5. Obviously I would prefer a boost in FL5 stock instead of the ITS but it doesn’t seem to be the plan for Honda Canada while Honda Australia are getting 500 more for 2023 (1200 for the year) for a 25 million people country while we get a grand total of 600 for 23-25 for a country of 35 milion. They want people to buy the Integra I guess…

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
another one for sale, hard to think this is not another flipper or dealer buddy hook up that screwed someone over, to make a quick buck

no price though

FL5 for sale in AB
not the same dealer I was in contact with .. i think but the one near it or maybe this one straight up told me they would mark it up to the tune of 10k or so iirc.
hard pass.

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
another one for sale, hard to think this is not another flipper or dealer buddy hook up that screwed someone over, to make a quick buck

no price though

FL5 for sale in AB
Seems like a new car to me, just the dealer putting it up on carguru for marketing? I'm not sure you can sell a car with 15 km on it as pre-owned, but nowadays dealers get away with pretty much anything so... (shrugs)

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
not the same dealer I was in contact with .. i think but the one near it or maybe this one straight up told me they would mark it up to the tune of 10k or so iirc.
hard pass.
If this is direct flip from the stealership, I wonder if they even tried to contact those on the list first before flipping. Or just didn’t bother and sold it as pre-owned.

Makes me think when and how will they refund our DP once their allocations are all sold as pre-owned.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
If this is direct flip from the stealership, I wonder if they even tried to contact those on the list first before flipping. Or just didn’t bother and sold it as pre-owned.

Makes me think when and how will they refund our DP once their allocations are all sold as pre-owned.
ya this is shady. unless someone like manager ordered one just to flip. Sucks for the ppl who have been waiting for so long

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
ya this is shady. unless someone like manager ordered one just to flip. Sucks for the ppl who have been waiting for so long
Its just pure greed and abuse of power. Atleast in US, they get to buy an overpriced Brand New FL5. Unlike here where the ADM is atleast 10-20k + who knows what they did before selling it as pre-owned.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
exactly! i would much rather pay over msrp and know it's brand new than some flipper who got connections at a dealership or paid under the table bribes to screw everyone else ahead in line or dealerships doing some shady buy back business... i mean when you factor in taxes on two transactions they barely make 5-10k margin, it's not really worth it to lose reputation and repeat customers imo ... and then there is us who are genuine buyers and enthusiasts that actually wanna keep the car

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
exactly! i would much rather pay over msrp and know it's brand new than some flipper who got connections at a dealership or paid under the table bribes to screw everyone else ahead in line or dealerships doing some shady buy back business... i mean when you factor in taxes on two transactions they barely make 5-10k margin, it's not really worth it to lose reputation and repeat customers imo ... and then there is us who are genuine buyers and enthusiasts that actually wanna keep the car
Over msrp… not by much… but I would pay ITS price for a FL5 for sure…. But it has to be brand new… god the buying experience of this car is a mess… I can’t believe they wont add more car in the future and reopen reservations

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
Its been a truly horrible buying process, Honda really needs to allocate more units to Canada
I don’t even have a chance of getting one… i was too late … but I would put a deposit down for a MY 2025 in a heartbeat … I much prefer the FL5 to the ITS… even tho no hate at all for the ITS… sweet car too
Sponsored