• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
All type R sold at msrp

IMG_2903.jpeg
Usually we in Australia get the raw end of this sort of thing but it seems we've lucked out. No doubt due to a combination of being RHD, our proximity to Japan and the fact that all sales are direct with Honda at MSRP (dealers are just agents for Honda).

Our sole dealer in a city of half a million people has already delivered 10 cars with another 30 firm orders.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Went to Surrey Honda earlier this afternoon to check the FL5 and it didn’t disappoint! Pretty lucky to see it parked near an FK8 and was able to check it side by side. My initial thoughts and own opinion:
• FK8 looks more aggressive but doesn’t mean the FL5 isn’t.
• FL5 really looks wider and longer though the FK8 feels and looks bulkier.

All in all, both are a good looking machine. Just depends on which style you prefer.

PS: I love both! If given a chance someday, would love to own both.

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_0290
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_0276

I didn’t took a photo of the FK8 as a respect to the owner. Though this one technically has already an owner too. 😂

Last edited:

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Sounds like alot of us are in the same situation...know a car is coming but have no idea when. Super frustrating as I have had a deposit down since Dec 2021 as well. Not sure what to do with my ITS allocation dealer wants me to come in a sign papers this week. Do you guys think its silly to pass on ITS allocation now and hope I can get one in a year or 2 if the FL5 never shows up?

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
Sounds like alot of us are in the same situation...know a car is coming but have no idea when. Super frustrating as I have had a deposit down since Dec 2021 as well. Not sure what to do with my ITS allocation dealer wants me to come in a sign papers this week. Do you guys think its silly to pass on ITS allocation now and hope I can get one in a year or 2 if the FL5 never shows up?
If I was in your situation, i’d wait for an FL5… but if you want one of the two…no matter which one go for the ITS… it will be quicker, easier but also more expensive…

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’ve waited long enough, you are near bro. Just wait for the FL5. If you don’t need a car and can wait, wait for it. It’s gonna be worth it!

But if you are the guy above my waitlist, go for the DE5 ITS. Drop your FL5 slot! 😂😂😂

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
idk your situation, but if you track " a lot" and have a different car for DD. I would say you should wait for FL5. If CTR won't really see the track and you have a family, DE5 might be a better option.

I want to learn how to track and mostly work from home, so I am still waiting for FL5, but not having another car as a DD, won't really track often, having a kid makes me still consider a DE5, so I am still in touch with a guy from Acura.
the dealership where I have deposit is being so secretive and won't even confirm my place in line, so I am losing hope in getting FL5 as well.

Pancake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Corolla
You’ve waited long enough, you are near bro. Just wait for the FL5. If you don’t need a car and can wait, wait for it. It’s gonna be worth it!

But if you are the guy above my waitlist, go for the DE5 ITS. Drop your FL5 slot! 😂😂😂
Is your deposit also at Surrey Honda? I'm like #7 on the waitlist. Have they provided further info at all?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
yepp i am there too coming up to 2 years since i initially put a deposit, and all i have is a promise and word of mouth

i would get the ITS just in case so you don't have to wait yet another year if you don't get one now

you won't make huge markup on selling the ITS like some ppl that are selling the FL5 for 20-30k over

but you should still come out with miniscule damage and at least if you do get the FL5 you would know the difference between the two first hand

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
idk your situation, but if you track " a lot" and have a different car for DD. I would say you should wait for FL5. If CTR won't really see the track and you have a family, DE5 might be a better option.

I want to learn how to track and mostly work from home, so I am still waiting for FL5, but not having another car as a DD, won't really track often, having a kid makes me still consider a DE5, so I am still in touch with a guy from Acura.
the dealership where I have deposit is being so secretive and won't even confirm my place in line, so I am losing hope in getting FL5 as well.
I dont plan on tracking except the odd time, but I also work from home plus have 2 other cars for fam duties so covered there. Feel like the ITS would be a "settle" at this point.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your deposit also at Surrey Honda? I'm like #7 on the waitlist. Have they provided further info at all?
No, my deposit is in a different dealership. Unfortunately no informations or updates at all.