• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I do have a deposit in for a Type S, but I'm not expected to get one till January '24, so I'm hoping I hear something from honda before then.

GR86 or F87 M2 are great options too. I should actually check out my neighbours Alpine White M2 and see how the rear seating is, I'd need it to be usable if I was to consider one.
Sponsored

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I think Type S exterior looks very nice, but CTR interior is better.

That being said, I wouldn't pay all that extra money for a Type S, which is pretty much same car. If I could get both for same price I'd pick Type R.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I’m not going to get into details, but Honda Canada was horrendous to deal with from a customer’s perspective. I really wouldn’t be surprised if they also pissed off Honda Global/Japan as well.
i know they are so useless that phone number that whole department is useless, i phoned in and after like 5 mins she started getting frustrated of her telling me over and over that i should contact my dealer, and i keep telling her my dealer gave me this number to get more info... and she says ask your dealer to give you a different number 😂 eventually i was like if all you do is file complaints about dealership well instead i wanna file one about your entire department your entire office has been of no help and i had never had such a hard time giving my money my business to a company and it doesn't want it 😂 i made her give me a ticket number...

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Any idea when we can expect 2024 CTR in Canada? Is there any news at all on the 2024 models? I am still hopeful in getting one, just not sure how long the wait will be.

I'm glad to see still about 6 CTR on sale on Autotrader. Hope noone is entertaining 80k for this car. I am still of mindset, not a cent over MSRP. 2024 EN is my backup plan if dealers get gready.
i was originally supposed to get a 2023MY but recently got told that instead it's going to be a 2024MY and should be in by this Fall... dealer just relaying the crumbs of info Canada office drizzle to their dealerships... i bet Honda Canada is working with sticky notes instead of spread sheets and proper systems coz this is ridiculous 🤣

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I know it’s been said a million times over in this thread but I hope all of us end up with one.

It’ll be real nice when we can move on from procurement discussion and simply talk about ownership experiences and journeys. 🙌🏼
i know like i am eager to start actually talking about mods and post deals or discount codes

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Same!

I was thinking, not sure if there's a cars and coffee event around, but if any current owners would be up for a Sunday cars and coffee with us still waiting on cars to check your cars out and just general car chit chat, would be pretty cool. Somewhere in the GTHA area.... just putting it out there lol.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Couldn't agree more!

Do you have a deposit in for a Type S as a backup?
To add to this, I don't either. I called almost all the Acura dealerships in the GTA, everyone is quoting 15 cars (avg) per year! Not sure how accurate it is, but if the volume of the S really is much more, I'd rather wait a bit and then jump on the list as a back up later if the R deals fall through.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
To add to this, I don't either. I called almost all the Acura dealerships in the GTA, everyone is quoting 15 cars (avg) per year! Not sure how accurate it is, but if the volume of the S really is much more, I'd rather wait a bit and then jump on the list as a back up later if the R deals fall through.
Seems to be. I'm 10 or 11th on the list at my Acura dealership near me and was told at the time that I would receive allocation in January/Feburary. So definitely better than the FL5.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
such a huge difference from BC. one dealer told me BC is only getting ~20 for 2024 MY. and they are only getting 2-3 this year (not sure calendar or MY year).

Last edited:

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Being in Ontario, it's not something we're used to. The air was smokey yesterday, bad enough the daycare prevented kids going out to play, but a bit better today.