• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Me too but Ill be honest the ITS is becoming more attractive by the day. Getting tired of waiting this is just crazy on Honda's part.
Naturally so, but I'd try to hold out anyway.

My buddy picked up his Type S last week and it's annoying knowing he did the same thing as I, just waited much less time and is out enjoying his car. I'll get to play with it later this week, but it'll probably make me even more sour towards the whole situation.

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
Looks like I'm picking up my ITS Monday. So from walking into the dealer till delivery is 3 weeks. Had my CTR deposit almost two years now. This is ridiculous.
yep I totally agree. Honda Canada is really not doing a good job with its customers right now. Like many of us we’ve been all waiting for our FL5 but I have to start looking elsewhere as we get new information from the dealerships

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Ya my plan is if I don't get the 2024 CTR, I'm putting a deposit on 2025 ITS. I have the luxury to wait atm, but of course I still can't wait to drive it.

Oh and biggest reason I want CTR, it's Japanese made, love the interior, dash, and well if you get MSRP it's cheaper. The reason ITS is attractive to me, exterior look, and exhaust sound. This is why I'm still doing my best to get the CTR.

Last edited:

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I wonder how much extra you'd have to "pay" if you decided to purchase an ITS, drive it around, then trade it in for an CTR. Assume MSRP no add-ons. Do we know if anyone did this math?

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
I wonder how much extra you'd have to "pay" if you decided to purchase an ITS, drive it around, then trade it in for an CTR. Assume MSRP no add-ons. Do we know if anyone did this math?
I’ll let you know once (errr if) my FL5 allocation comes in

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
This may very well be what I do. Similar to katch I dont think I would wait past MY24 for the FL5. I've had a deposit since Dec 2021. Right now I have a deposit for a MY25 ITS if that comes first I may very well take it and make a decision from there.

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
This may very well be what I do. Similar to katch I dont think I would wait past MY24 for the FL5. I've had a deposit since Dec 2021. Right now I have a deposit for a MY25 ITS if that comes first I may very well take it and make a decision from there.
Also in this boat. I was asked about a black ITS and will speak to my dealer about this and the pricing. I was initially thinking of grabbing an ITS until an FL5 allocation came up but flip flopping between that idea vs grabbing an FK8 and trading that in later if the allocation ever comes.

I was also thinking if your Honda dealer isn’t planning to rob you, you can probably get a decent deal trading an ITS in for the FL5.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I think tax makes it less worth it. Between those 2 cars, depending on your province, you can end up paying about 16k in tax. If for some reason you can sell the ITS for 60 to 70k used it could be worth it, but that's a hard sell imo. I still dunno how there are CTR for 80 to 90k on Autotrader, people actually buying these? Seeing how ads are still up, I'm guess not...

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I still dunno how there are CTR for 80 to 90k on Autotrader, people actually buying these? Seeing how ads are still up, I'm guess not...
I doubt...its probably just marketing. Who knows if the car is actually there lol

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Ya my plan is if I don't get the 2024 CTR, I'm putting a deposit on 2025 ITS. I have the luxury to wait atm, but of course I still can't wait to drive it.

Oh and biggest reason I want CTR, it's Japanese made, love the interior, dash, and well if you get MSRP it's cheaper. The reason ITS is attractive to me, exterior look, and exhaust sound. This is why I'm still doing my best to get the CTR.
I am thinking exactly the same thing as you

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I think tax makes it less worth it. Between those 2 cars, depending on your province, you can end up paying about 16k in tax. If for some reason you can sell the ITS for 60 to 70k used it could be worth it, but that's a hard sell imo. I still dunno how there are CTR for 80 to 90k on Autotrader, people actually buying these? Seeing how ads are still up, I'm guess not...
isn't the ITS about 70k CDN walk out right now so if it's slightly used I think you should have no issue selling it for 65k- 68k, then considering FL5 MY24+ come in at around 53k CDN msrp you're about 0 net -ve equity i think

yeah i can see how less than a handful of FL5s sold at 80-90k ... considering our population is less than the US... we will have a few high rollers who wanna collect it next to their RS6, GT3RS ..etc. but unlike the US not many of those people are left so i think eventually that 80k FL5 will adjust... there are a lot of high rollers but every one of them want the FL5, others wanna buy boats and yachts or just don't bother JDM and want muscle or EU cars

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_6914

I was in the same camp with reservations in both, just thought to try the ITS “for a while”. After delivery I am confident I am going to keep it even when my CTR comes.
The wide body and quarter pannel view’s definitely give it some NFS or older JDM/ liberty walk vibes.
The sound is intoxicating, and as all the reviewers said; it fixed all the problems they had with CTR.

Again I will objectively be able to get both, but I am happy with keeping the ITS and selling the CTR. Personally in the medium term, anyone that paid over msrp is going to be burnt because the ITS is that good.

just bought 7 yr extended warranty because itll be a keeper ✌

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_6946
Sponsored

Last edited: