• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civic Hatchback Hybrid Only? Mag-X Japanese Magazine Google Translate Details

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
It might be... for Japan. The new HR-V/Vezel and Fit are both hybrid only. Our market doesn't get the fit anymore, and our HRV is going to be different than the one previewed for Japan, so while it may be hybrid only there, I wouldn't expect that to be the case in western markets. I'm more interested in the "pushes forward on premium routes". This gives some implication about the features and interior quality coming to the next gen, as well as the possible performance updates. It does make me wonder how much Honda could realistically push the civic in the premium direction before they cannibalize already weakened accord sales, unless the next gen accord does something even further (AWD accord has been on dealers wish lists for a while now)

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
It might be... for Japan. The new HR-V/Vezel and Fit are both hybrid only. Our market doesn't get the fit anymore, and our HRV is going to be different than the one previewed for Japan, so while it may be hybrid only there, I wouldn't expect that to be the case in western markets. I'm more interested in the "pushes forward on premium routes". This gives some implication about the features and interior quality coming to the next gen, as well as the possible performance updates. It does make me wonder how much Honda could realistically push the civic in the premium direction before they cannibalize already weakened accord sales, unless the next gen accord does something even further (AWD accord has been on dealers wish lists for a while now)
The accord was missing from some honda surveys last year about future plans. They may we'll be discontinuing it in the future and just lumping it all under civics. Not only are sedan sales dying but we are past peak vehicle sales, there are YoY declines regardless of suv sales increasing. All manufacturers need to adapt and consolidate

Our HRV won't be too different, I believe the patent photos just show a different grille because they think americans will be too scared of the progressive frontend on the HRV. Also no doubt a gas model offered. But they won't actually be making a radically different car, that makes no financial sense

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Our HRV won't be too different, I believe the patent photos just show a different grille because they think americans will be too scared of the progressive frontend on the HRV. Also no doubt a gas model offered. But they won't actually be making a radically different car, that makes no financial sense
I think so too... while slightly different, I think it'll be more or less the same. The new HRV design fits well with the new civic in terms of corporate look of the exterior/interior. I too think it'll probably be just the grill and maybe a couple other tiny details in the facias, and obviously the powertrain. And the recent spy shots of the next CRV and Pilot also adopt a similar front end treatment to the HRV patent images. Honda has always kept the styling between it's crossovers and cars somewhat distinct from one another, but I think they're trying to bring them all under a similar design language now.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
I think so too... while slightly different, I think it'll be more or less the same. The new HRV design fits well with the new civic in terms of corporate look of the exterior/interior. I too think it'll probably be just the grill and maybe a couple other tiny details in the facias, and obviously the powertrain. And the recent spy shots of the next CRV and Pilot also adopt a similar front end treatment to the HRV patent images. Honda has always kept the styling between it's crossovers and cars somewhat distinct from one another, but I think they're trying to bring them all under a similar design language now.
The CRV and HRV actually follow the Accord, they are just behind the Accord cycle. Their current frontends are akin to the 9th gen Accords.
The 10th gen Civic was designed in America, now that Honda reorganized in 2018 under the new CEO, they have moved all design back to Japan, so it figures the 11th gen is falling inline with the rest of their line up.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The accord was missing from some honda surveys last year about future plans. They may we'll be discontinuing it in the future and just lumping it all under civics. Not only are sedan sales dying but we are past peak vehicle sales, there are YoY declines regardless of suv sales increasing. All manufacturers need to adapt and consolidate

No one talks about this but I think one thing that hurts the accord is that the average new car sold is now $40k. So sedan buyers are looking at Audis, BMWs and Mercedes and not $30k Accords. I see tons of sedans around town these days but they’re all over $40k.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
No one talks about this but I think one thing that hurts the accord is that the average new car sold is now $40k. So sedan buyers are looking at Audis, BMWs and Mercedes and not $30k Accords. I see tons of sedans around town these days but they’re all over $40k.
Hah, very little are actually buying those brands as new cars, they are mostly used cars from leases. So while new the car was $40k, they end up buying them for $30k and below used.
Around the suburbs where I live, Honda sedans still outnumber of the rest of the sedans with a huge bias for 10th gen Civics and 9th and 10th gen Accords. Otherwise 60% of the cars I see are crossovers/suvs/trucks

I never even see Acura sedans at all, that brand is pretty much dead outside boomers rarely buying the SUVs.
Sponsored

Last edited: