• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Corbeau Inflatable Lumbar Support

pwjazz

First Name
Percy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si Aegean Blue
So, I love my SI, but the seats have never been the most comfortable. I always found them best in the lowest position, causing the front to tilt up and the whole thing to cradle me just right. Problem is, I'm short, and I really need my seat on a higher setting so I can see what I'm doing.

Inspired by this thread, I decided to add an inflatable lumbar support.

Here's what I did.

1. Buy an inflatable lumbar support insert by Corbeau
2. Unzip the side zippers on the back of the seat. I had to dig around for the ends of the zippers with my finger.
3. Untuck the back fabric from the bottom
4. Insert the lumbar support between the plastic frame and the foam cushion. It's a bit of a tight fit, but didn't require any tools. I made sure to have the hose exit from between two of the frame's ribs, both to protect the hose and to help hold the whole thing in place.
5. Try it out and move it around until I got it to a good spot.
6. Tuck the fabric back in on the bottom, making sure the hose is exiting where you want it (I have it to my left)
7. Zip it up

The whole thing took maybe 15 minutes, would have been faster if my garage had been above freezing.

I haven't put a lot of miles on it yet, but so far the comfort in a more elevated seat position is definitely better.

11th Gen Honda Civic Corbeau Inflatable Lumbar Support zipper end

11th Gen Honda Civic Corbeau Inflatable Lumbar Support fla

11th Gen Honda Civic Corbeau Inflatable Lumbar Support support in place

11th Gen Honda Civic Corbeau Inflatable Lumbar Support zipped u

11th Gen Honda Civic Corbeau Inflatable Lumbar Support finished product
Sponsored

OP
OP
pwjazz

pwjazz

First Name
Percy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si Aegean Blue
I decided to adjust the position of the lumbar support today. No need to unhook the bottom flap, just unzipped the side zippers.
Sponsored