• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Crowd sourced FL5 Type R vehicle/dealer markup map

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
All,

Given that 100+ cars recently showed "in transit" over the last 24 hours,
I wanted to share more broadly a new personal site to help the community track dealer markups.

https://www.motoringobsession.com/stock/civic-type-r

• Sign in via a passwordless link sent to you via email and share any information you might have on a vehicle or dealer.

• You can also filter for newly listed vehicles using the "Since" drop down in the top-right corner.

Thank you to Dr.Jamzzz, Icehawk and Eric for being the top markup contributors to date early on in the site!
Thank you Icehawk for suggesting the ability to also comment on dealers with no inventory (zoom in to see these dealers, and click to view any reports associated with this dealer including any past inventory)
Thank you to StevenMatchett for inspiration on building a map to easily locate cars!

Welcome any comments or suggestions!
Sponsored

2017civicext

R-15474
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Civic Sport Touring
Wow, I wish I would have known about this before I got my FL5. would have made the search easier lol.

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Thanks! I'm hoping sharing this information transparently will:
* Put some downward pressure on dealers to lower prices if we can point to other dealers with lower markups
* Highlight vehicles that are just sitting
* Potentially highlight dealers with unscrupulous markups
* Watch how the type-r market is unfolding across the country over time

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Shout out to MJ18 who already has made 12 reports just today!

iā€™m optimistic this community is willing to share, itā€™s enthusiasts versus dealers IMO and we have a healthy ADM thread here as well

mpgaj20

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord EXL
Yep, that's me MJ18, just here to share my depressing calls with everyone. My personal spreadsheet (before the creation of the website) is at row 55 lol

Last edited:

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Yep, that's me MJ18, just here to share my depressing calls with everyone. My personal spreadsheet (before the creation of the website) is at row 55 lol
Awesome man. Good luck on your search. Iā€™m positive that luck rewards the patient and persistent. Just need one dealer to try to make their monthly numbers and be more flexible for you to get a CTR

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Thanks for sharing. Like everyone else I'm trying to get me one of these sweet fl5's in CW but having a hard time. šŸ˜« Nobody wants to deal with Cali people, and I don't blame them.

Reactions: dng

Mass

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Thanks for sharing. Like everyone else I'm trying to get me one of these sweet fl5's in CW but having a hard time. šŸ˜« Nobody wants to deal with Cali people, and I don't blame them.
Yeah I only inquire within a state over. A lot of dealers do not want the hassle of more paperwork, since every state has different paperwork.

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Props to cooler2442 for submitting 26 vehicle reports! Holy moley.

That brings us to 75 vehicle reports by the CTR community!

if you sign up, welcome to receive new vehicle notifications via discord

Last edited:
OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Wow shoutout to ganzi2 who put in 74 reports.... have you called on every Type R in the country yet ? :headbang:
Thanks to all contributors

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
It's interesting to see the community-researched national average markup is considerably less than what I came across.

OP
OP
dng

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
It's interesting to see the community-researched national average markup is considerably less than what I came across.
What area are you in madbikes? Think there are certainly some regional differences in pricing

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
This is a great service to the enthusiast community.
I am fine with people - dealers or individuals - making a profit - not so fine if it results in separating would-be Type R owners from driving the dream.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
What area are you in madbikes? Think there are certainly some regional differences in pricing
I am in San Francisco Bay Area. The average of the ones I inquired in my state turned out to be about 21K. They are all sold except the Championship White I submitted. Would not be surprised the other black FL5 left in the state is asking for 30K over (I called a different location of the same dealer group).

I love your map. Thanks for providing an awesome tool to track FL5 pricing trends.

Reactions: dng