• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I have to agree with Doug the EX trim he reviews here does seem super reliable but bland and boring.
True. Don’t have ours tuned, but the gas mileage is great and it handles almost as good as my si if not on par. Comfortable car, but it’s not as quick as the 10th gen.

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
True. Don’t have ours tuned, but the gas mileage is great and it handles almost as good as my si if not on par. Comfortable car, but it’s not as quick as the 10th gen.
It will be faster than the 10th gen with a tune, I can push more more than the 10thgen with same mods,

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
It will be faster than the 10th gen with a tune, I can push more more than the 10thgen with same mods,
So far Phearable stage 1.5 on the 10th gen is faster than the 11th gen stage 1.5. 27won already came out to point out that the turbo on the 11th gen is not by MHI anymore. It’s from IHI, inlet pipe is different and so is the intake. It’s a detuned 1.5T accord engine that’s literally made for fuel efficiency. It’s a nice car for commuting.

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
So far Phearable stage 1.5 on the 10th gen is faster than the 11th gen stage 1.5. 27won already came out to point out that the turbo on the 11th gen is not by MHI anymore. It’s from IHI, inlet pipe is different and so is the intake. It’s a detuned 1.5T accord engine that’s literally made for fuel efficiency. It’s a nice car for commuting.
The accord 1.5 cvt is a stronger version of the regular 1.5 cvt, hence better tuning power

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
The accord 1.5 cvt is a stronger version of the regular 1.5 cvt, hence better tuning power
It is, but you still have a weaker turbo that's made more for efficiency than it is power, same for the turbo inlet, and intake. If it was the same turbo as the 10th gen you would be correct, but that's not the case.

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
It is, but you still have a weaker turbo that's made more for efficiency than it is power, same for the turbo inlet, and intake. If it was the same turbo as the 10th gen you would be correct, but that's not the case.
That's why I said TUNING and MODS, for a full bolts on it can make more power and more safely

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Phearable doesn’t even bother to have a tune for the 1.5T Accord, so that’s quite telling about its headroom. Honda already tuned it to 192 hp from the factory.

https://www.phearable.net/tuning-software/

they announced one in July but somehow the 2022 civic tune announced AFTER came out before it and still hasn’t came out. Not sure what’s going on that it hasn’t been released yet. Friend offered her 1.5T accord for testing and they said they didn’t need it.

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
Phearable doesn’t even bother to have a tune for the 1.5T Accord, so that’s quite telling about its headroom. Honda already tuned it to 192 hp from the factory.

https://www.phearable.net/tuning-software/
They do have a tune for the accord 1.5t...smh, the reason they haven't made a tune before for the 1.5 accord is because there wasn't any demand for it, John vega himself told me this, mostly old guys owns the 1.5 accord and they don't care about a tune whatsoever, but there is one and more to come anyway since now some people showing interest in getting their 1.5 accord tuned.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
My other car is a 500hp Mustang GT. This 1.5 180hp engine, mated to the CVT in my Sport Touring, feels more than adequate.

I bought the Civic so I can daily drive it and use 87 Octane. Why tune it when I'd just have to spend a LOT more on premium fuel over the lifetime of the vehicle?
Sponsored

Last edited: