• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Downgrade from 2021 Type R to SI

KimzEP3

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 1990 CRX HF with a B18
I have driven my friend's 2017 R several times and I just don't think it is a comfortable daily. The seats are hell getting in and out of with those high bolsters...and coming from someone who is approaching 40 with a very bad back, it's not practical. Also, the tires are ridiculously expensive to replace, if you go for OEM. It may also be my age talking, but it's just a bit ricey for me...doesn't help that my friend added a ridiculous amount of red graphics to the [black] car. (He actually ruined his LP-460 by adding yellow graphics to the beautiful Arancio blue, ugh.) PS he enjoys the R more than ANY of his numerous other cars...crazy.
Sponsored

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
The time to have so much equity in cars is going to shift, you can already see it in the market. Dealers were paying premiums for used cars a month ago, now they're back to lowball tactics. You might have missed your chance.

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
Yes, you read the title correctly haha. I’m thinking about it. I don’t necessarily have to do it, but it has been on my mind. (Obviously for financial reasons/how much I can get for my Type R)

With all that said, how many of you guys have driven the FK8 Type R and the 2022 SI? I know it’s probably not a lot since the 2022 is rolling out currently, but the bottom line is how depressed would I be if I made this decision? I appreciate the feedback!
I wanted to add that I've driven an FK8, and while I think it's an awesome car, my hot take is that it's better suited as a fun weekend car.
Sponsored