• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
At the end of his lap he says its fast and comparable it a S2000. That's all I got lol.
He said the car is fast. Comparable to a $100K plus (i.e., heavily tuned) S2000.
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Thats what i got from it too.

Said via translate:

1. impressed with speed, breaking and driving it into the corners.
2. Evolved properly in every way from the last model
3. Will be worth a fortune in the future
4. Its the one
5. Comparable to $15m yen ($105k USD) s2000.
6 Fun, fun, fun

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
He touches on how he feels like this might be the last one (ICE Type R). He mentions how it feels deliberate and made with purpose.
He also refers to electrification of new cars from 2035 a couple times and how he grew up in a good era.

I cant help but feel bad for the future of car enthusiasts. I'll be buying this car for my sons (both under 10) as much as myself.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
I came here to post this video but I saw it's already posted. Tsuchiya was so happy with the car. He did say in +R mode the stability control still kicked in so I wonder if there is some special thing you need to do to disable it. He did say the stability control is more advanced than the FK8. I want it so bad but I'm resigned to waiting a while.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
I came here to post this video but I saw it's already posted. Tsuchiya was so happy with the car. He did say in +R mode the stability control still kicked in so I wonder if there is some special thing you need to do to disable it. He did say the stability control is more advanced than the FK8. I want it so bad but I'm resigned to waiting a while.
From 14:30 on (when he has the passenger) the stability is off completely.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI

for about 99% posters here, leave it on.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
He also said it was too bouncy in R+ mode and that is on track.... it did bounce like hell but the beauty of the FL5 now is the individual modes.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
not sure why car makers keep over damping in sportier modes. Germans seem to strike the best balance between spirted driving and daily drivability. Bouncy suspension actually gives you less confidence because the grip levels become unpredictable. Nürburgring mode on the Golf R actually softens the suspension allowing tires to stick to the pavement.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
I noticed the bouncing in the Piston Heads first look video also. They are bobbing all over the place.
Praise Odin for individual mode this time around.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
not sure why car makers keep over damping in sportier modes. Germans seem to strike the best balance between spirted driving and daily drivability. Bouncy suspension actually gives you less confidence because the grip levels become unpredictable. Nürburgring mode on the Golf R actually softens the suspension allowing tires to stick to the pavement.
The FL5 seems to be the same situation however. He adjusted the settings and seemed pleased.

Nring mode puts the suspension in comfort mode. He out the suspension in Sport from +R. He could've gone to comfort mode too.
Sponsored