• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"Pricing and additional details on the 2023 Civic Type R coming this fall."

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Werd... this is so anti-climactic at this point.

They take the camo off a car that has been running around in plain sight for the past 10 months, and then don't tell us the price, specs, or even what kind of dampers it has. Not to mention they are sitting on the Nürburgring time... come on Honda, just tell us already!
What are plausible scenarios or reasons for Honda to hold back?

Dealers should know allocations soon at least.
Sponsored

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
What are plausible scenarios or reasons for Honda to hold back?

I feel like it is their big plan for building up hype... just keep dripping info every 3 months while they try to get their supply chain issues under control.

However, they are at risk of just pissing people off.

I mean honestly, how much longer do I need to put things on hold. I've literally missed the entire summer and all the twisty roads I wanted to play around on. Now I've got potentially another year, maybe 2 years of waiting while they try to market a supply chain issue as a "limited run". I get this is the new reality where you need to wait 3 to 4 years for a car... but I am close to walking away, this is getting so tedious.

Like for instance, why are they holding the back the power? We know it is going to be somewhere between 315 to 330... we all know. It literally changes nothing at this point for them to tell us. It isn't like if they tell us it is 322, a bunch of potential buyers are all going to go "Well I am out, I wanted 325, this is just ridiculously underpowered now".

The only justifiable reason they could do this other than marketing gone horribly askew, is if they are like "IT IS A HYBRID"... and surprise all of us. I'd be surprised for sure, lol. Otherwise I lay the blame on poor marketing.

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I dont care. I have zero interest owning this car in the fall and shitty dc winter. I’ll start looking Jan and hopefully get it by april and may.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Werd... this is so anti-climactic at this point.

They take the camo off a car that has been running around in plain sight for the past 10 months, and then don't tell us the price, specs, or even what kind of dampers it has. Not to mention they are sitting on the Nürburgring time... come on Honda, just tell us already!
306-325hp
adaptive dampers
under 40k usd excluding delivery

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I feel like it is their big plan for building up hype... just keep dripping info every 3 months while they try to get their supply chain issues under control.

I mean honestly, how much longer do I need to put things on hold. I've literally missed the entire summer and all the twisty roads I wanted to play around on. Now I've got potentially another year, maybe 2 years of waiting while they try to market a supply chain issue as a "limited run". I get this is the new reality where you need to wait 3 to 4 years for a car... but I am close to walking away, this is getting so tedious.

Like for instance, why are they holding the back the power? We know it is going to be somewhere between 315 to 330... we all know. It literally changes nothing at this point for them to tell us. It isn't like if they tell us it is 322, a bunch of potential buyers are all going to go "Well I am out, I wanted 325, this is just ridiculously underpowered now".

The only justifiable reason they could do this other than marketing gone horribly askew, is if they are like "IT IS A HYBRID"... and surprise all of us. I'd be surprised for sure, lol. Otherwise I lay the blame on poor marketing.
Hang in there and I get it. They have already pissed people off. I set my expectations to next march about 5 months back and that helps.

The most important thing to me at this point is quantity and dealer allocations. Waiting for that is a pita and wears by the day. At least we can commiserate in the meantime.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Oh, for Canada, expect to wait for months (years?) with the expected low allocation. Get on a waitlist asap if it’s on your must-have list. Even stateside won’t be much better because of a larger buyer base; most sales will involve long wait time, mandatory ADM and a free jar of Vaseline.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Oh, for Canada, expect to wait for months (years?) with the expected low allocation. Get on a waitlist asap if it’s on your must-have list. Even stateside won’t be much better because of a larger buyer base; most sales will involve long wait time, mandatory ADM and a free jar of Vaseline.
You and turbonium with the vassline….sheesh
Sponsored