• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

E tuned Type R

FL5ghost

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
Hello, I’m new to this platform, CivicXi. I’ve got a 2023 Civic-type R that has an E tune, Catless downpipe/MRT sport touring midpipe and PRL intercooler. I was Curious how much power I’m putting down without going to a dyno. I’ll eventually go get dynoed when I’ve got the time. My tuner and others have stated it should be around 370whp.

11th Gen Honda Civic E tuned Type R IMG_6187

11th Gen Honda Civic E tuned Type R IMG_6249
Sponsored

nix6speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 ITS
I was Curious how much power I’m putting down without going to a dyno. I’ll eventually go get dynoed when I’ve got the time. My tuner and others have stated it should be around 370whp.
Do you think your tuner is not being truthful? Bench racing dyno numbers is pointless.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Hello, I’m new to this platform, CivicXi. I’ve got a 2023 Civic-type R that has an E tune, Catless downpipe/MRT sport touring midpipe and PRL intercooler. I was Curious how much power I’m putting down without going to a dyno. I’ll eventually go get dynoed when I’ve got the time. My tuner and others have stated it should be around 370whp.

IMG_6187.jpeg

IMG_6249.jpeg
If you can send me a clean 3rd and 4th gear log I can help you.

And by clean I mean just that gear, start the recording right before going wot and then stop right as you are hitting redline.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Do you think your tuner is not being truthful? Bench racing dyno numbers is pointless.
Agree bench racing is pointless. Same as comparing one dyno to the next. It’s just a tool to aid in tuning. So focusing on numbers is the wrong approach. Area under the curve is where it’s at.

I do know how much power they make with the set amount of boost/timing/afr/cam timing. So while I can’t say he makes that power I can guess pretty close to where he will be on a Dynojet at least.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FL5ghost

FL5ghost

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
No, I believe my tuner is telling the truth. It does feel like a high 300hp car. I was just curious if anyone else has had there FL5 dyno’d with the same modifications.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
No, I believe my tuner is telling the truth. It does feel like a high 300hp car. I was just curious if anyone else has had there FL5 dyno’d with the same modifications.
They make close to that with almost no mods. And realistically mods won’t net you a ton of more power on a stock turbo since the airflow is pretty limited. You will be octane limited and fuel limited before you actually make more power than what is usual.

Mine makes around 360whp and 370 tq on a dyno jet with just a reflash and Intercooler. But it will vary from dyno to dyno, so it’s just a reference number. It’s pointless comparing different dynos.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
370whp on a tuned FL5 with supporting modifications is definitely what I would consider within the "margin of error". All dynos are different, all cars are different, fuel variables, etc.
Sponsored