• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
hahahaha ooh man you hit the bulls eye :)

side profile is very disappointing
I drove a Saab and it had a more balanced side profile than this 11th gen. This new car's hood is too long and upright. It looks more like something that belongs on a family sedan than a sporty hatch. The taillights take up too much real estate on the side. And the glass area seems too long as well (although good for visibility). Really not very cohesive from the side.

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images dims

Having said all that, these are just patent drawings. The actual car with foglights and exhaust tips and better looking wheels and shiny paint (hopefully better than 10th gen paint lol) will obviously look better. Let's hold out hope.

I see what Honda was trying to do. People had complained about the huge vents and they remedied that. They improved visibility. Orange side markers on the fenders? Gone.

I just think they took away some of the sportiness and personality, too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
any news about the engine
Here's my speculative take: we'll still have the 1,5 turbo in some guise. We are also bound to have a hybrid powertrain option and I guess it will be the 1,5 litre hybrid unit found in the 3rd gen Insight (ZE4) and not the 2,0 hybrid of the CRV. Some naturally aspirated versions for various markets also seem given and I also think the 1,0 turbo will continue to be offered as the entry level engine.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Here's my speculative take: we'll still have the 1,5 turbo in some guise. We are also bound to have a hybrid powertrain option and I guess it will be the 1,5 litre hybrid unit found in the 3rd gen Insight (ZE4) and not the 2,0 hybrid of the CRV. Some naturally aspirated versions for various markets also seem given and I also think the 1,0 turbo will continue to be offered as the entry level engine.
Why do you think they will bring back the Hybrid Civic when they have the Insight which is pretty much that.

.jardine92.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport
Iā€™m confused is this the regular 2022 civic sedan then? If not since when did the Civic have a hatchback model?
Either way it. Itā€™s not too boring (Mostly Bc of the tail lights) and not too wild.

two more questions...

1-whatā€™s the deal with the trunk? Looks like the rear glass will open up as well?

2- When will this be released? My current civic lease is up in May 2021. Any chance we see these available by then?
Well, I bought my ā€˜17 Civic Hatch in February 2017. So theyā€™ve been out awhile... lol.
Second, to me it looks like itā€™ll be a Sportback which is SEXY lol.

Pineapple

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch LX (FK7)
Accord Crosstour body style with Kia Stinger taillights, no orange side marker lights in the fenders, deleted the MASSIVE vents, mini duck bill spoiler coming off of the trunk, and additional 3rd windows on each side for negating the blind spots in the xgen c pillar. I think personally, it looks like a more proportionally balanced vehicle than the xgen hatch, but it certainly lacks the aggressive character that we all love about the xgen. Can't believe they left the freaking chrome above the windows though, for the love of god, just make them black. And additionally, make a sturdy enough roof to handle roof racks with heavier cargo, or make attachable roof rails an option. Would be a nice change to appeal to the snowboarders/surfers/hikers of the Honda world.

Also, if it comes in a SI version, I might be looking to upgrade.

Last edited:

stoker86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring
Gotta stand out of the crowd and thatā€™s what Honda did with the 10th gen. Not every car on the road has to be tamed in design and BOORRRRRRRRIIIINNNGGGGGGGG. Thatā€™s why we love civics, make that shit wild and let the aftermarket scene make it even WILDER!!! :spaz:

So you speak for all Civic owners?? My mother, brother and I have all been driving Civics since the mid 90's... so yeah you don't know what every enthusiast wants. I do think MANY felt the styling of the 10th gen particularly the hatchback and Type R were something that was a bit extreme maybe even tacky. If you want to mod it that way in the aftermarket, have at it. In fact I would have a Type R if it were toned down.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Accord Crosstour body style with Kia Stinger taillights, no orange side marker lights in the fenders, deleted the MASSIVE vents, mini duck bill spoiler coming off of the trunk, and additional 3rd windows on each side for negating the blind spots in the xgen c pillar. I think personally, it looks like a more proportionally balanced vehicle than the xgen hatch, but it certainly lacks the aggressive character that we all love about the xgen. Can't believe they left the freaking chrome above the windows though, for the love of god, just make them black. And additionally, make a sturdy enough roof to handle roof racks with heavier cargo, or make attachable roof rails an option. Have to compete with the Crosstour.

Also, if it comes in a SI version, I might be looking to upgrade.
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 1601478525200

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Can't believe they left the freaking chrome above the windows though, for the love of god, just make them black.
So here's the thing. You have to understand the market. For every enthusiast like us there's probably 5 times as many people buying Civics that look at them as A to B appliances. To them, chrome means luxury. On the other hand hopefully the sportier versions of the 11th gen will get the blackout treatment

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Umm.. slight design change went into the 2020 Civic's roof, namely they got rid of that ugly sharkfin antenna (no more leaks!) and installed them into the defroster style lines Inside the actual rear glass. Kinda like Chevy tried & failed with the front windshield back in the 70's but done way better, much more effective to boot. And yes, I'm loving it.

16013892320952871982915998229178.jpg
The shark fin antenna is only on models with built-in navigation and satellite radio (ie Touring and Sport Touring trims). This is to house the GPS and SiriusXM radio antennas, which can't be integrated into the rear window like the AM/FM antenna. And, yes, it still exists on 2020 models, and, from the renderings, also the 2022+ models.

Pineapple

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch LX (FK7)
So here's the thing. You have to understand the market. For every enthusiast like us there's probably 5 times as many people buying Civics that look at them as A to B appliances. To them, chrome means luxury. On the other hand hopefully the sportier versions of the 11th gen will get the blackout treatment
Honda can sell this luxury to the A-B people with a chrome trim upcharge from the dealer.

I can see how that would make the aftermarket people swap the black for the chrome though, haha.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
So you speak for all Civic owners?? My mother, brother and I have all been driving Civics since the mid 90's... so yeah you don't know what every enthusiast wants. I do think MANY felt the styling of the 10th gen particularly the hatchback and Type R were something that was a bit extreme maybe even tacky. If you want to mod it that way in the aftermarket, have at it. In fact I would have a Type R if it were toned down.
I speak for no fam so get that outta here. And Iā€™d rather keep the fun styling of the civic then let ā€œenthusiastsā€ complain on Honda having some damn balls and making something nice to look at even it is tacky, then it end up looking boring as sin. Canā€™t please everyone. Iā€™ll keep my baby exciting to look back at while I walk to my job or my front door to know that I enjoy what she looks like and not like every other car on the road. ??ā€ā™‚
-
P.S: Iā€™m also part of the Honda family with my fam, I know what I want and donā€™t want, and what I donā€™t want is to go ā€œBACKWARDSā€, we already had that with the 9th gen.

Last edited:

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Iā€™m down for a blackout package option if they make it worthwhile and not extremely expensive where the aftermarket scene can do it for a fraction and still of quality.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
I consider my ā€˜19 Type R an nstsnt classic now after seeing next-Gen plans. They are the same body with diff proportion grill openings and a recycled bees ass from the Stinger.

For those five A to B appliance owners, the Gen X Type R can go A to H, then lap you twice (AHhh) before you make it to B.

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images B23C0755-1966-4E54-AA3D-E8E9C5F6D724
Sponsored