• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Can you see the blatant similarities?
That's a 2018 Charger on top.

inCollage_20200929_122434070~3.jpg
I see it with the light bar... but it still looms like this to me. Side mirrors aren’t as tucked as the Insight though. The bumper lines... trunk... reflectors...
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images F2EACEB2-67E3-4C79-93BD-43D24B87D7CA
Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch 6AT
I actually was planning on going hatch for my next car. After seeing these patent images, the Mazda 3 turbo is looking REALLY good.

2020-Mazda-3-hatchback-grey-01.jpeg
I'm really biased but I tested a non turbo 3 hatch and I LOVED It. The price was just a bit too high. The turbo version is something I may consider down the road. The 3 is an amazing car. The torsion beam rear suspension changes aren't as drastic as people think - I can say it still handles very sporty like and it's fun to drive, just like my IRS 3rd gen hatch.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The new front basically mirrors the new grill design on the (for japan/EU only) Fit. You can see it in the shapes used and the upper grill piece, they just used larger, less rounded headlights. I don't actually think it'll look awful in person. My bigger issue is the rear... they should've kept the floating spoiler and small roof spoiler, hopefully upper trims will have those or at least offer them as accessories to help spice up the back end.
(for those wondering, yes, Honda japan handled the design of the 11G civic, taking that control away from Honda's california studio which designed the 10G)

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.45.00 PM

I'm wondering now if the tail light will be full width, or if that center area (which has visible breaks in it) will operate as the third brake light...
And that third rear window still just icks me out...

I would've loved to see honda use their new EV Crossover's back end as inspiration for the style of the new civic HB... it's clean but sharp and exciting... that new EV crossover shows that honda's designers CAN make sleek good looking cars, even if the taillight looks ripped straight off a porsche. Let's hope the new EV crossover portends future honda designs more than the what these patent drawings have shown us...
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.44.29 PM

ManualOnly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Hopefully, they'll keep the more sleek look of the 10th gen for the 2-Door Si version.

AegeanT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2016 Honda Civic Touring (sold)
The back tail lights kind of remind me of the Kia Stinger, minus the middle portion. I like that part. But that’s where it ends for me.

Seeing this rendition of the 11th gen Civic has me disappointed. I will wait to see if they release an Si Hatchback and see how the car looks then in person, but my impression right now is saying that the 10th gen Civic Si I currently have will be my last Civic unless I happen to find a good deal on a 10th Gen Type R

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully, they'll keep the more sleek look of the 10th gen for the 2-Door Si version.
Is there going to be a 2 door? That's a bigger question.

AegeanT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2 door Civic has been discontinued due to poor sales, the last year of it is 2020. So there will only be a hatchback or Sedan to choose from for the 11th generation.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2018 Civic HB EX, 2014 CR-Z
The new front basically mirrors the new grill design on the (for japan/EU only) Fit. You can see it in the shapes used and the upper grill piece, they just used larger, less rounded headlights. I don't actually think it'll look awful in person. My bigger issue is the rear... they should've kept the floating spoiler and small roof spoiler, hopefully upper trims will have those or at least offer them as accessories to help spice up the back end.
(for those wondering, yes, Honda japan handled the design of the 11G civic, taking that control away from Honda's california studio which designed the 10G)

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.45.00 PM.png
The Fit couldn't be more Japanese unless you threw a rising sun across the hood.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The 2 door Civic has been discontinued due to poor sales, the last year of it is 2020. So there will only be a hatchback or Sedan to choose from for the 11th generation.
Fingers crossed Honda's recent renewal of the CRZ trademark means a new sporty coupe/3 door is coming to fill the gap. Something more performance focused than the civic coupe was... 1.5T + hybrid around 230hp is what I'm hoping for in the next 2-3 years.

ManualOnly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Poor sales? I see a LOT of them on the road. Everyone that has commented on my 2-Door Si has said it looks a LOT better than the 4-Door version.
This was one of the major deciding factors that made me choose the Civic Si over the Corolla, which isn't offered in a 2-Door.

Doing an invetory search from Honda's site, & no dealership has a 2-Door Si. They are all sold out.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I actually was planning on going hatch for my next car. After seeing these patent images, the Mazda 3 turbo is looking REALLY good.

2020-Mazda-3-hatchback-grey-01.jpeg
The 3 always looked good. I would have bought this instead of the Civic but the back seat is fucking laughable and the automatic was so gutless it made the Civic’s CVT feel downright sporting.

ManualOnly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Fingers crossed Honda's recent renewal of the CRZ trademark means a new sporty coupe/3 door is coming to fill the gap. Something more performance focused than the civic coupe was... 1.5T + hybrid around 230hp is what I'm hoping for in the next 2-3 years.
Minus the Hybrid & that would be great!
Hybrids are a waste of $$$ & have Low Resale Values vs other equivalent vehicles, as have been proven by almost 20 years of Prius resales.
It also adds additional, uneccessary weight.

I usually get over 40 MPG average on the highway on a full tank of gas.
Recently, I got 51 MPG average after driving 135 miles.
See https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/civic-si-51-mpg-average-on-highway.55574.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 3 always looked good. I would have bought this instead of the Civic but the back seat is fucking laughable and the automatic was so gutless it made the Civic’s CVT feel downright sporting.
Which motor are you talking about? I have the automatic in my 2.5L hatch and it's anything but gutless, ESPECIALLY in sport mode.

AegeanT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You won't see any hybrid performance in a Civic Si. That would drive the cost way up and eliminate majority of that market. The only Civic that MAY get that kind of technology would be the Type R, but again, the cost would go up and a lot of the market and potential customers would dissipate to other brands, because $35k for a Type R give/take is good and all but raise that to the $40k+ mark without ADM in the states, you're gonna lose business. The Civic is still an economy car.

Poor sales? I see a LOT of them on the road. Everyone that has commented on my 2-Door Si has said it looks a LOT better than the 4-Door version.
This was one of the major deciding factors that made me choose the Civic Si over the Corolla, which isn't offered in a 2-Door.

Doing an invetory search from Honda's site, & no dealership has a 2-Door Si. They are all sold out.
Here's the thing. In my area, I see hundreds of sedans, maybe a few Sis other than my own (my co worker has a 2 door Si), and a couple Type Rs. My city is close to 500k people. I rarely see 2 door Civics.

They might be popular in other areas, but if you look at the sales figures, they really aren't as popular as some people make them out to be. A lot of the 2 door civics at my 2 local dealers sit for a long while, including the Sis. The sedans (non-Si/Si) get picked up pretty quick.

The market is moving away from cars in general anyways, look at Ford as a prime example. It was only a matter of time before the coupe would be discontinued, just like how eventually the manual transmission will likely be eliminated except for the enthusiast cars like the Type R. Even then, who knows what will happen.
Sponsored