Sponsored

Exhaust - AWE touring vs HKS Hi power

Deadpools-CTR

New Member
First Name
Federico
Joined
Sep 23, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
43065
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
I already have a PRL intake and want to upgrade the exhaust so it makes a bit more noise. I have been looking a tthe AWE touring and HKS Hi power. Have seen a lot of youtube videos online and strongly considering the HKS based on the sound but cant pick. I know it is a bit more compared to the touring. Looking for opinions.
Sponsored

 

Christian/AWE

Elite Sponsor
Joined
Apr 15, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
30
Reaction score
30
Location
Horsham PA
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
inb4 the whole AWE slip-joint/QC comments.
We have a perfect fitment guarantee and an industry leading warranty. OP should make a choice based on the qualities and soundtrack he is looking for in a system. My PMs are open if there are any questions.
 

menikmati

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
373
Reaction score
453
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
STI, BRZ, FL5
We have a perfect fitment guarantee and an industry leading warranty. OP should make a choice based on the qualities and soundtrack he is looking for in a system. My PMs are open if there are any questions.
I don't doubt that and I personally consider your products, it was not meant to be a slight at AWE. It was more of a warning to expect some "slip joints = bad" comments in the thread.
 

Nikw91

Senior Member
First Name
Nik 772typr
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
19
Messages
549
Reaction score
559
Location
WPB, FL
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW FL5
First off, I’m bias as a HKS fan and have the HKS Legamax which is only slightly louder than stock.

But out of the two you posted… I’d lean towards the Awe touring.

Everyone I have talked to that installed the HKS Hi-Power complained about how bad the drone was on the highway. A few of them even sold theirs.
 


MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Joined
Aug 1, 2021
Threads
44
Messages
524
Reaction score
288
Location
Fullerton, CA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
All personal opinion based on the sound and looks you want.

AWE is deeper and the tips are black or chrome.
HKS is subtle in my opinion (depending on which model) and tips are dual and blue.

We have them all and can help you narrow it down.

-Josh
 

powerofdreams

Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
28
Reaction score
17
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
I have the Hi Power exhaust installed along with the PRL air intake, and it's a great combo. I have no experience with the AWE, and I didn't consider it after seeing numerous posts about fitment and quality issues.

I've had the exhaust installed for about a year. I think it has a great tone, and the volume level is just right, not too loud or quiet. There is some drone, but the car already has a decent amount of wind and tire noise on the highway that it doesn't bother me haha. I do think it might be too much with an aftermarket downpipe, so I would maybe consider the Legamax if you wanted to go that route.
Sponsored

 
 







Top