• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Idk... without the added spoilers... the hatch just looks like the sedan with a super short trunk lid... the shape is horrible... but without the spoilers like the 10th gen has, it looks like honda is going more for a sportback/liftback sedan rather than a hatchback... (hyundai also offers a similar sportback version of the elantra in other markets). Hopefully if they make an Si hatch, it'll have a spoiler... or at least be available as an accessory to add. Because right now that rounded, smooth back end just looks like the bottom of an egg. I thought the hatch was supposed to be the sporty option now (one of their claimed reasons for cancelling the coupe)... but this just looks like a sedan with a weird bubble butt, it lacks anything even remotely sporty.
My new word for this is, “spooring”. A contraction of sporty and boring.

Some state XI will be superior to X. That’s a long way off to find out. Let’s go with updated as I think a more reserved design will secure future value in the Gen-X CTR.
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Idk.... it's not awful... but the lack of spoilers just makes it look like a sedan with a weirdly short and tall trunk. However, the exposed exhaust and wheels of this image give hope that this could be an Si variant for the hatch... so that's good news... really hope they offer some spoilers at least as accessories.... that back end needs something so it doesn't look so wagon/crosstour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viet_Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
The front end overhang doesn't look nearly as bad on the real life prototype as in the patent drawing. In fact all the angles look better in real life pics than the drawings, which is a relief.

EP3to11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Civic Si
The front end overhang doesn't look nearly as bad on the real life prototype as in the patent drawing. In fact all the angles look better in real life pics than the drawings, which is a relief.
Agree. It looks really awkward in the drawing, but the prototype does a great job of "disguising" the overhang. I do wish they could've done the opposite and reduced it. I'm guessing this is due to pedestrian safety regulations. Either way I'm relieved overall with the way it looks, too.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
But will it look this good?!?!? :love::love::love::love::love::love:

11th Gen Honda Civic First spy pics of 2022 Civic Hatchback! IMG_4244.JPG

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Well if I am not mistaken, the two hatchbacks, Sport and Sport Touring both had spare tires with their center exhausts. That puzzled me and speculation was that it was eliminated just for weight reduction. And the fact that you could buy a kit to convert the rear trunk floor to be level with a spare tire in the bottom.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Well if I am not mistaken, the two hatchbacks, Sport and Sport Touring both had spare tires with their center exhausts. That puzzled me and speculation was that it was eliminated just for weight reduction. And the fact that you could buy a kit to convert the rear trunk floor to be level with a spare tire in the bottom.
It's done for weight reduction yes. My Sport hatch had a spare.

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
That was due to the center mounted exhaust taking up space where the tire would go (sport trims had the same issue, at least on the hatch I believe). Other trims all had spares. Assuming the new 11th gen has the exhaust mounted at the edges and not center, then it should have the spare tire.
Not True.....Canadian Si' got the spare tire kit from factory. US based vehicles most if not all did not receive the spare kit instead they got the inflator kit instead...(Stupid)...

You can get the Spare Tire kit still and put it in....It has nothing to do with the center exhaust.

Infact mine even has a portable table that i custom fitted haha!

Sponsored