• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
I think it's likely (hopefully) that the Si trim is available on the hatch and sedan.

However, I'm holding out for an AWD CTR hatch. Probably not gonna happen, but Honda did drop rumors about this gen adding AWD.
But, they'll likely do it like Mazda did....only with automatic. And maybe like Toyota did with the Camry, only the base engine. Pooh...

Yeah, if an AWD CTR hatch happens, I'm buying it immediately.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
I think it's likely (hopefully) that the Si trim is available on the hatch and sedan.

However, I'm holding out for an AWD CTR hatch. Probably not gonna happen, but Honda did drop rumors about this gen adding AWD.
But, they'll likely do it like Mazda did....only with automatic. And maybe like Toyota did with the Camry, only the base engine. Pooh...

Yeah, if an AWD CTR hatch happens, I'm buying it immediately.
Honda already stated no to AWD CTR.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Personally if you want AWD just wait for the ILX replacement. Supposedly that’s getting SH-AWD which is a great system. Plus Type S model is already confirmed.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Idk... without the added spoilers... the hatch just looks like the sedan with a super short trunk lid... the shape is horrible... but without the spoilers like the 10th gen has, it looks like honda is going more for a sportback/liftback sedan rather than a hatchback... (hyundai also offers a similar sportback version of the elantra in other markets). Hopefully if they make an Si hatch, it'll have a spoiler... or at least be available as an accessory to add. Because right now that rounded, smooth back end just looks like the bottom of an egg. I thought the hatch was supposed to be the sporty option now (one of their claimed reasons for cancelling the coupe)... but this just looks like a sedan with a weird bubble butt, it lacks anything even remotely sporty.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I wish that they’d just do a regular silhouette for the hatch. The weird fastback design makes it look like a weird wannabe in between of a sedan and a normal hatchback. Just looks odd to me.
Agreed. A more traditional hatch shape would've been nice... the current shape (especially without the added roof and deck spoilers that the 10th gen has) makes it look like either a station wagon, crosstour, or some kind of bulbous sedan. The closest thing I can find to a comparison is the Hyundai i30 (elantra) sportback that they sell in other markets that straddles the line of sedan and hatch.

Honda could've easily kept the sloping fast roof and just made the rear window more upright with a roof spoiler and it would've been golden. Heck, I wouldn't have even minded if they did a split rear window like the 8th and 9th gen euro hatches had, those at least were cool looking IMO and even hearkened back to the CRX/CRZ hatch layout.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Agreed. A more traditional hatch shape would've been nice... the current shape (especially without the added roof and deck spoilers that the 10th gen has) makes it look like either a station wagon, crosstour, or some kind of bulbous sedan. The closest thing I can find to a comparison is the Hyundai i30 (elantra) sportback that they sell in other markets that straddles the line of sedan and hatch.
If it motivates Hyundai to bring us the i30N Sportback, that's a huge bonus! Prefer the hatch but would take either.

11th Gen Honda Civic First spy pics of 2022 Civic Hatchback! 2020-hyundai-i30-fastback-n-barracuda-wheels-2

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
I see I'm in the minority, but I love sportbacks so I'm excited for this. The rear overhang looks shorter than the sedan and it looks like It'll have full-length taillamps. Fingers crossed for it having the integrated spoiler as well. Hopefully it looks more Audi than Hyundai.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I see I'm in the minority, but I love sportbacks so I'm excited for this. The rear overhang looks shorter than the sedan and it looks like It'll have full-length taillamps. Fingers crossed for it having the integrated spoiler as well. Hopefully it looks more Audi than Hyundai.
You're not alone - I like it too - and would love an integrated mini whale tail spoiler rather than one that looks tacked and serves no purpose like the one on my Si.
Sponsored