• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BoostblueFL5

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type R, Subaru BRZ
Great choice for car of the year!!
The Last of the JDM non electric
hot hatch

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Technical JDM car of the year.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Well, not an American car for starters. Second, until he has owned one for some time to see any faults or issues how can it be judged as a car of the year? Third, it is waaay overpriced with the markups and the ridiculous price they've put on it in the UK, Europe and other territories. I'm sorry but I just cannot agree with this award.

BoostblueFL5

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type R, Subaru BRZ
The award is for the excellent type R. Dynamic character and practicalities.
Not the for the best dealership award 😄

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Erm Honda sets the price here in the UK, not the dealership. I stand by what I said. I'm not saying the car is ultimately not worthy of the award but they shouldn't give an award to something they've driven for 30 mins or even a day. The car could be a POS and fall to pieces in 12 months for all they know. All I'm saying is it should be judged on much more than ragging it around the Top Gear track for a short time and it is still not an American car, it's Japanese.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Erm Honda sets the price here in the UK, not the dealership. I stand by what I said. I'm not saying the car is ultimately not worthy of the award but they shouldn't give an award to something they've driven for 30 mins or even a day. The car could be a POS and fall to pieces in 12 months for all they know. All I'm saying is it should be judged on much more than ragging it around the Top Gear track for a short time and it is still not an American car, it's Japanese.
You do realize these are all new cars that they probably spend the same amount of time with… right? 🤨

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
You do realize these are all new cars that they probably spend the same amount of time with… right? 🤨
Wait...
does this mean I can't really say a girl is "pretty" because maybe in 30 years she'll be all wrinkled up?? is there a scratch head imojie?

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Wait...
does this mean I can't really say a girl is "pretty" because maybe in 30 years she'll be all wrinkled up?? is there a scratch head imojie?
I smell an FK8 owner just hating… but could be wrong.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I do own an FK8, and no I am not hating on the FL5 at all. I'm sure it's a great car and I could buy one if I wanted to. I was considering it until they announced the price and then I decided it isn't worth what they are asking for it and there are better cars out there, in or around that price bracket. If it was under 40k GBP (it should actually be £37,500 based on the exchange rate and the Japan and US MSRP prices) then I'd likely be waiting for one arriving. I haven't made my mind up what I'm buying instead.

Last edited:

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Wait...
That is nothing like a comparison to what I said. I just said that more time needs to be spent owning and daily driving the cars before announcing a winner. Car of the year should be a measure of the car overall, the build and quality, reliability etc etc.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
That is nothing like a comparison to what I said. I just said that more time needs to be spent owning and daily driving the cars before announcing a winner. Car of the year should be a measure of the car overall, the build and quality, reliability etc etc.
it's, the same...
maybe a movie should wait for 10 weeks before it's rated?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I do own an FK8, and no I am not hating on the FL5 at all. I'm sure it's a great car and I could buy one if I wanted to. I was considering it until they announced the price and then I decided it isn't worth what they are asking for it and there are better cars out there, in or around that price bracket. If it was under 40k GBP (it should actually be £37,500 based on the exchange rate and the Japan and US MSRP prices) then I'd likely be waiting for one arriving. I haven't made my mind up what I'm buying instead.
When you do figure it out, come back and let us know.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Civic Type R wins 2022 Top Gear Awards American Car of the Year (Presented and Driven by Chris Harris) 1671333062150
Sponsored