• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 differential or gear issue

kumail FL5

First Name
kumail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic FL5 2023
I had issue with my Fl5, i was driving at 3rd gear to redline and I do a mistake by changing from third gear to second gear instead of fourth gear. This happened in just seconds, but unfortunately I had a nois Exactly like this sound, but less noisy.

Is there anyone can help me to fix the issue?
Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I had issue with my Fl5, i was driving at 3rd gear to redline and I do a mistake by changing from third gear to second gear instead of fourth gear. This happened in just seconds, but unfortunately I had a nois Exactly like this sound, but less noisy.

Is there anyone can help me to fix the issue?
I don't know that anyone can diagnose that from here.
You "money-shifted" and forced the engine to operate at a higher RPM than designed, in the process putting a high load on the clutch and shocking transmission. Sounds like the car still operates, so you may have gotten lucky and avoided the worst case scenario (new engine and / or trans), but you could have damaged your syncros, gears, etc.

Take it in, get it looked at, and keep your fingers crossed.

OP
OP
kumail FL5

kumail FL5

First Name
kumail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic FL5 2023
I don't know that anyone can diagnose that from here.
You "money-shifted" and forced the engine to operate at a higher RPM than designed, in the process putting a high load on the clutch and shocking transmission. Sounds like the car still operates, so you may have gotten lucky and avoided the worst case scenario (new engine and / or trans), but you could have damaged your syncros, gears, etc.

Take it in, get it looked at, and keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks

Starchland

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Typically it is detrimental to the engine. On some Hondas in the past, it would lead to cracking of the valve stem retainers. Not sure if the ecu logs max rpm, but you can calculate rpm in gear if you know what road speed was. I would try to isolate where exactly noise is coming from. Verdict still seems to be out on what fails first on k20c over-rev scenario. Also shift technique is imperative

OP
OP
kumail FL5

kumail FL5

First Name
kumail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic FL5 2023
So far I haven't done anything to the vehicle. The vehicle is considered out of warranty، I upgrad it. I'm confused what to do.
Weather starting to warm up I don't want to use the vehicle right now . I will give post updates if we know the problem

OP
OP
kumail FL5

kumail FL5

First Name
kumail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic FL5 2023
Typically it is detrimental to the engine. On some Hondas in the past, it would lead to cracking of the valve stem retainers. Not sure if the ecu logs max rpm, but you can calculate rpm in gear if you know what road speed was. I would try to isolate where exactly noise is coming from. Verdict still seems to be out on what fails first on k20c over-rev scenario. Also shift technique is imperative
thank you for your interest.
I will search at this possibility

Lukeklaas

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
So far I haven't done anything to the vehicle. The vehicle is considered out of warranty، I upgrad it. I'm confused what to do.
Weather starting to warm up I don't want to use the vehicle right now . I will give post updates if we know the problem
They told you your warranty is gone?

OP
OP
kumail FL5

kumail FL5

First Name
kumail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic FL5 2023
They told you your warranty is gone?
I live in Saudi Arabia. The dealer here told me if i jailbreak the ECU the warranty will be cancelled. I just did
Jailbreak
Tune
Turbo upgrade, downpipe, Front pipe
Fuel system upgrades HPFP, LPFP
Intercooler, HVI
so I knew that he would cancel the warranty on the first check:nixon:

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I live in Saudi Arabia. The dealer here told me if i jailbreak the ECU the warranty will be cancelled. I just did
Jailbreak
Tune
Turbo upgrade, downpipe, Front pipe
Fuel system upgrades HPFP, LPFP
Intercooler, HVI
so I knew that he would cancel the warranty on the first check:nixon:
I think they'd probably void your warranty as soon as they saw the over-rev / max rpm anyway 🤷‍♂️, so as far as the mods are concerned... likely no harm / no foul here.
Sponsored