• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Door Mirror Cover Install

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Acura RSX Type-S w/ K20A Type R Motor
Anyone installed the red door mirror covers yet in America? Is there any similarity to the FK8 install? Does the turn signal or lane change electronics affect this install compared to the FK8?
Sponsored

OP
OP
boduh81

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a part number for US vehicles? Will JDM covers fit?
I am awaiting a response from Dream Automotive UK if these are universal or if there is a US specific version.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I’ve wondered the same. I actually looked these up recently and all I got back were JDM results.

OP
OP
boduh81

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dream Automotive got back to me and said the following.
"We believe these to be the same globally for the FL5 model.
The side repeater cut out looks like it is there on the US models the same as EU and Japan models, so these will fit the same way. The instructions (if there are any) will be in Japanese but will have images to follow. Although these mirror caps usually are just clipped off and on, the light unit will be screwed on if this needs to be swapped as well".
I saw two videos on YouTube showing an 11th gen civic mirror cover removal. In one, they completely disconnect and disassemble the mirror and push the tabs from the inside. The other shows a guy pulling it off by slowly prying out the clips with his hands from the edges. This method seems similar to what Dream Automotive says about usually just clipping them off and on. But I'm not sure. Hopefully there are instructions with images included.