• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515
Took the leap of faith and decided to get rid and the two resonators to add some more sound to this car! Still not fully convinced on an exhaust so this will have to do for now.

Even though everyone who has done this mod has said that the drone was non existent, I didn’t really fully believe it but I must say, for what it is, drone is insignificant.

Sponsored

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Thanks for the video, @Loulerg.

I currently have the larger (mid) resonator deleted, and now you've got me considering deleting the other one as well.

You mentioned there's not much drone, but how loud is it inside the cabin?

OP
OP
Loulerg

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I currently have the larger (mid) resonator deleted, and now you've got me considering deleting the other one as well.

To be frank, although there is more sound coming thought he cabin, it’s not really loud loud. My point of reference today was my wife lol, I took her out for the first time in the car today after the delete and her first reaction was “ wow I though it was going to be loud in here, I barely notice the change”‘ I’ll take that W lol. This week I’m going to put an interior video together so you can all get an idea of sound and drone inside the cabin .

Ac12

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord

How has it been with just one res delete?

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
How has it been with just one res delete?
It was great when I first had it done. Now that I've gotten used to it, I want a little more volume from the exhaust.

On my FK8, I had the Milltek non-resonated exhaust, which was a little too loud inside the cabin. I'm looking for something between what I have now (only the larger resonator deleted) and that Milltek exhaust, and it seems like deleting the other resonator might be the winner. Other than of course buying an aftermarket exhaust like the AWE Touring.

Ac12

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord
It was great when I first had it done. Now that I've gotten used to it, I want a little more volume from the exhaust.

On my FK8, I had the Milltek non-resonated exhaust, which was a little too loud inside the cabin. I'm looking for something between what I have now (only the larger resonator deleted) and that Milltek exhaust, and it seems like deleting the other resonator might be the winner. Other than of course buying an aftermarket exhaust like the AWE Touring.

Saw this a few weeks ago it's a little more work but I love the look and the sound, at least what comes through the speakers...

RedBadge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R
Sounds pretty good! I like the gurgling aspect of it as opposed to the low hum stock provides.

Sakura_FL5

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Championship White Type R
To be frank, although there is more sound coming thought he cabin, it’s not really loud loud. My point of reference today was my wife lol, I took her out for the first time in the car today after the delete and her first reaction was “ wow I though it was going to be loud in here, I barely notice the change”‘ I’ll take that W lol. This week I’m going to put an interior video together so you can all get an idea of sound and drone inside the cabin .
Thanks for this post.. also considering getting the same done. Looking forward to hearing the interior video did you get a chance to shoot one? Would love to hear how it sounds in comfort mode (with valve closed) on the highway at 70mph cruise speed. Really don't want to try this and end up with a droney exhaust so I'm wondering what your experience is like.

Sound seems great otherwise! How much did the exhaust shop charge you for this and did they replace it with straight pipe T304 stainless steel?

OP
OP
Loulerg

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this post.. also considering getting the same done. Looking forward to hearing the interior video did you get a chance to shoot one? Would love to hear how it sounds in comfort mode (with valve closed) on the highway at 70mph cruise speed. Really don't want to try this and end up with a droney exhaust so I'm wondering what your experience is like.

Sound seems great otherwise! How much did the exhaust shop charge you for this and did they replace it with straight pipe T304 stainless steel?
I've been crazy busy with work and life so i haven't had a chance, but hopefully will soon.

I paid $150 bucks to my local shop, they cutoff each resonator individually and welded on a straight pipe.

OP
OP
Loulerg

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got around to doing the inside cabin noise vid!

Dollabillplz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Dual resonator delete is the way. I just did mine last week for $200 and now it actually sounds like a Type R.

I am running mine with the active valve so there is no drone at all. I also like that it keeps the stock tips which I prefer.
Sponsored