• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those who swapped out steering wheels

S4one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type r
Is there a guide to make sure that new steering wheel is straight?

I see on images that there is a guide pin on the bottom left of the steering wheel bolt but does that guarantee it’s straight or is there a small tolerance? From looking at diy and YouTube, it seems like it only installs one way.
Thanks
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I installed a custom Swedit steering wheel in my FK8. I just made sure to have the wheel straight when I removed the old one, and to mount the new one on straight. The granularity in the wheel spline teeth spacing is large enough that you would definitely notice the difference in the angle, if you mounted the new one on crooked.

OP
OP

S4one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type r
Thanks for the details. The spines definitely are there but are micro, I thought it would be more pronounced.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the details. The spines definitely are there but are micro, I thought it would be more pronounced.
Yea true, that's what you would think just looking at it, but keep in mind that the spline is tiny compared to the humongous steering wheel. So the seemingly small spacing between the spline teeth will translate to noticeable angle changes in the wheel. As an experiment when you put the new wheel in, you can mount it one tooth to the left or right, and you'll see a noticeable difference in angles.