• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to punish those who key cars?

TypeR1994

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RS3, 2017 Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic How to punish those who key cars? 9733BB58-CD6A-451E-BEFE-3F98F1A36C89

11th Gen Honda Civic How to punish those who key cars? EDD24AC6-921F-41BA-AB3F-2A8CC7066353

Not a CTR (still waiting for car to come in) but someone keyed my whole hood on my 22 RS3 I’ve had 4 months. Just saw scratch a week ago, no idea when it happened, but thank god for PPF. I pray it didn’t go through but don’t know for sure yet
Sponsored

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
9733BB58-CD6A-451E-BEFE-3F98F1A36C89.jpeg

EDD24AC6-921F-41BA-AB3F-2A8CC7066353.jpeg

Not a CTR (still waiting for car to come in) but someone keyed my whole hood on my 22 RS3 I’ve had 4 months. Just saw scratch a week ago, no idea when it happened, but thank god for PPF. I pray it didn’t go through but don’t know for sure yet
My thoughts and prayers. It be a whole different story if you are a conceal carry permit holder you caught them. They will be arrested or displayed a handgun ? Dead. Nobody wants that, if not necessary. Leave others people cars alone, they didn’t do anything to you. Why risk it ! Disgusting.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
SMH. This is painful. My M3 got keyed before and there’s probably nothing worse when you’re a car guy.

Most people key cars out of jealousy. That’s really what it comes down to.

But I’ve also seen cars get keyed because the owners of said cars acted like dicks. For example, when they double parked in lots or parked far away from everyone else, giving off the impression that their car is more important than the rest.

I’m not saying that keying a car can ever be justified (because it’s not). I’m saying that some people give others a reason to act out in this way. And to be clear, I’m not suggesting that was the case with OP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
My thoughts and prayers. It be a whole different story if you are a conceal carry permit holder you caught them. They will be arrested or displayed a handgun ? Dead. Nobody wants that, if not necessary. Leave others people cars alone, they didn’t do anything to you. Why risk it ! Disgusting.
If you are a concealed carry holder and catch someone in the act of keying your car, you can confront them, but you cannot threaten them with a firearm, unless they come at you with intent of great bodily harm or death.

You’re suppose to call the cops. That’s the law in pretty much every state with carry permits.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
wow man! sorry to hear it, hope you have framed it in a "just material goods" mindset. It's sad that people do this out of spite or jealousy. Do not give them the power they seek to f@ck up your day. Tiny people with tiny minds...

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
SMH. This is painful. My M3 got keyed before and there’s probably nothing worse when you’re a car guy.

Most people key cars out of jealousy. That’s really what it comes down to.

But I’ve also seen cars get keyed because the owners of said cars acted like dicks. For example, when they double parked in lots or parked far away from everyone else, giving off the impression that their car is more important than the rest.

I’m not saying that keying a car can ever be justified (because it’s not). I’m saying that some people give others a reason to act out in this way. And to be clear, I’m not suggesting that was the case with OP.
I think some people are just nasty and do it out of spite.

I don't have pictures but bought by BRZ 5 years ago. I went into Service Ontario to renew my registration, came back to see my driver door keyed and rear fender dented. Was a tough few days and completely changed how I parked that car after.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
If you are a concealed carry holder and catch someone in the act of keying your car, you can confront them, but you cannot threaten them with a firearm, unless they come at you with intent of great bodily harm or death.

You’re suppose to call the cops. That’s the law in pretty much every state with carry permits.
If you shoot someone for keying your car you will 100% for sure have more 'urgent' issues to deal with 😂

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682

Wait,
you sure the law still applies to those who receives a CCW :hmm:
you sure I can't just shoot anyone I want when I have a CCW :p
j/k ... :rofl:

I'd probably pull out my cell phone and start recording...if I catch these people in the act (big if)
If they try to do me harm, then I'll defend myself.
if not, then video will be turned over to law enforcement and insurance.
hopefully, some sort of license plate can be recorded.
I think having these people financially responsible may be the only way to solve this issue.
I look at it as an "intentional" car accident perpetrated by the "key-er".

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Probably last resort, as self defense ... :hmm:
I know at that point, people will be mad as hell, but can't blow your stack and be on the offensive.

branz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Mine got keyed in the same spot, only about half the size. Filling with clear, wet sanding and polishing brought the color back and smoothed it out, but you can still tell its there there... Looks like they got down to the metal where the panels meet on yours. 😭

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
How do you get this fixed?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Man I don't know what I would do in that situation. Some broke a*s b*tch I guess.
Sponsored