• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to punish those who key cars?

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
What my mind went straight to was… was this in Portland haha. That sucks, definitely want to hear what happens
Sponsored

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Man, real. Sorry to hear this happened. Yeah who knows why it happened people are really strange. Like someone else mentioned sometimes they get jealous and they see something nice that they can’t have so they just lash out unfortunately.

I haven’t gotten my car keyed but one time I went into a pharmacy and when I came out, someone had use their hand and made stripes in the dirt all over my hood. Really weird that they did that. But better that than having someone key my car. And yes, I was in one parking spot and I’m a pretty considerate driver. I think it’s just someone that was just fooling around.

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
Sorry for your situation, hope you can solve the mystery and catch the sob!

revans

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback,
SMH. This is painful. My M3 got keyed before and there’s probably nothing worse when you’re a car guy.

Most people key cars out of jealousy. That’s really what it comes down to.

But I’ve also seen cars get keyed because the owners of said cars acted like dicks. For example, when they double parked in lots or parked far away from everyone else, giving off the impression that their car is more important than the rest.

I’m not saying that keying a car can ever be justified (because it’s not). I’m saying that some people give others a reason to act out in this way. And to be clear, I’m not suggesting that was the case with OP.
I'm confused. Doesn't parking far away from everyone else free up parking places closer to the business for everyone else? Plus, just walking through the parking lot how can you tell which cars are parked too far away? I agree, there is NO reason to "key" anyone's car ever.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
How do you get this fixed?
Full panel respray or touch up paint, wetsand, clear, wetsand, polish. Fyi I tried the latter before and you have to be real good to get it flat and smooth looking, but a professional can make it disappear.