• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front and Rear Sway Bars to Keep Comfort Mode

DagCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hello!

In my individual mode I have everything in +R/Sport except for suspension. I find that even sport suspension on the street is "bouncy"

In the FK8 the suspension wasnt a huge issue on the street and I am wondering if that led most people to only switch out the rear sway bar for a lighter rear end as you could run sport and +r on the street to keep roll to a minimum

With the FL5 suspension being stiffer and bouncier I am wondering if maybe it would be beneficial this go around to do both the front and rear sway bar in order to keep comfort mode for the street but still dialing down the added roll that comfort mode comes with when turning.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
Hello!

In my individual mode I have everything in +R/Sport except for suspension. I find that even sport suspension on the street is "bouncy"

In the FK8 the suspension wasnt a huge issue on the street and I am wondering if that led most people to only switch out the rear sway bar for a lighter rear end as you could run sport and +r on the street to keep roll to a minimum

With the FL5 suspension being stiffer and bouncier I am wondering if maybe it would be beneficial this go around to do both the front and rear sway bar in order to keep comfort mode for the street but still dialing down the added roll that comfort mode comes with when turning.

Thoughts?
When you’re in comfort mode does that seem bouncy for street? I’m wondering how comfort mode is for daily driving. Seems like FK8 suspension might have been better, but I haven’t drove FL5 yet so I can’t compare.

OP
OP

DagCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Comfort mode is perfect for the streets! Just feels like there might be a smidge of extra body roll so figured with front and rear stiffer sway bars we might be able to reduce that roll while still keeping comfort mode suspension

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Hello!

Thoughts?
Honestly it depends upon what's causing the bounciness. It APPEARS, in video, that it's the rebound damping is simply too high on the car with stock springs. The engineers tried to artificially increase the spring rate by adding way too much shock damping which is why it's okay on quick transition corners but bounce fest on sustained longer corners. So increasing the stock spring rate might actually increase comfort as the damping will better match the spring rate for any other mode than comfort. This is just basic video analysis though, as the car seems over dampened even driving in a straight line which sway bars won't do anything for and going too big sway bars without decent spring rates will just tear out of the chassis mounts.

OP
OP

DagCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Let’s hope so with the springs! That’s why I’ve been waiting for spoon fl5 specific springs just to make sure they didn’t change anything due to the new damper profiles
Sponsored