• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front parking camera?

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Has anyone done a front parking* camera yet? I've been thinking about it quite a bit recently, there is a kit for the ND Miata that taps into the OEM infotainment and lets you have a front camera for parking - not interested in the hokey ones that require you to use your phone or a secondary screen. I think we're in too early days still for anyone to be getting too into the electrics of the car though.

*my apologies, I left this out originally from the title and my first sentence making it sound like I was likely talking about a dash cam.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
There are a few threads on here for that. I installed an integrated front / back but going to replace with a high end blackview model this spring. The threads are about a year old now but if you do a quick search you should find them.

If you are looking for connections to infotainment I don’t think Ive seen that yet.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
@daazn installed one some time ago and started a thread and has a video. Not sure if he's still around.

I don't have an aftermarket camera but I've known BlackVue to be the gold standard. It's on the higher end of the price spectrum but it performs incredibly well, specs are good, and the features are solid. If I were in the market, that's likely the only one I'd consider. Curious to see which one you land on.

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Sorry, I realize y'all are thinking dash cams since I was totally unclear - I mean a front camera for parking. Scraped the lip lightly a few times recently and my wife is waaay more aggresive about pulling into spaces :D
Sponsored