• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Downpipe/front pipe combo

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any feedback or sound clips of simply adding a catted downpipe with front pipe? I am considering the TSP downpipe with some sort of front pipe, and am hoping for two things. 1: Obvious power improvement from downpipe and 2: looking for a slight increase in sound from the stock exhaust system. Will i hear a slightly noticeable difference of exhaust noise? Im not looking for aftermarket exhaust loud, but an subtle improvement over the quiet stock exhaust system.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Thanks for asking... Curious to know as well.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any feedback or sound clips of simply adding a catted downpipe with front pipe? I am considering the TSP downpipe with some sort of front pipe, and am hoping for two things. 1: Obvious power improvement from downpipe and 2: looking for a slight increase in sound from the stock exhaust system. Will i hear a slightly noticeable difference of exhaust noise? Im not looking for aftermarket exhaust loud, but an subtle improvement over the quiet stock exhaust system.

Thanks in advance!
You will get a bit better tone with the downpipe since it flows more. You will get a bit more power but a tune will be needed to take full advante of it.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Just the downpipe gave some noise, but not much honestly. Not sure if the front pipe will add more noise, but my guess is it will not. I was running TSP tune before the downpipe, and the downpipe was another noticeable bump. I personally wouldn’t do the downpipe unless I planned on tuning.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
When pairing our HEDP with the factory "catback" I think a subtle improvement in sound is well stated. You are going to pick up noticeable performance gains with or without a tune but as always you can count on a tune to maximize the power gains.

I would not expect any big changes in either sound or performance when adding the front pipe in this case. The front pipe will matter more if/when you install more mods that it can help support.

OP
OP
FL5CW

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Thanks guys.

I recently purchased the TSP tune, so Im good in that department.

Im trying to decide whether to find a quieter aftermarket exhaust or downpipe to accomplish the sound goals of the car. What is the quietest exhaust on the market currently?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thanks guys.

I recently purchased the TSP tune, so Im good in that department.

Im trying to decide whether to find a quieter aftermarket exhaust or downpipe to accomplish the sound goals of the car. What is the quietest exhaust on the market currently?
Awesome!

I strongly recommend the Milltek Resonated exhaust system for the FL5 when paired with an aftermarket downpipe. (this is what I have on my car) The resonator and the valve keep things in check. No drone, very comfortable volume. If you pair the non-resonated exhaust with an aftermarket downpipe things start to get a little bit rowdy.

https://www.twostepperformance.com/products/part-resonated-road-valved-catback-systems

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Just did a 27Won downpipe and did the fuse trick to keep the valve open all the time and honestly I'm happy with how the car sounds. Its got a nice deep tone at idle and comes alive under throttle. No drone and sounds decent in the car. I will likely do a titanium exhaust in the near future, still undecided on which one though, I want it to be louder but not obnoxious. Also will likely go to an MHI stage 2 turbo next year with the Hondata or other HPFI upgrade setup, figuring it will be important to have a 3" exhaust for that to keep things flowing well.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Just did a 27Won downpipe and did the fuse trick to keep the valve open all the time and honestly I'm happy with how the car sounds. Its got a nice deep tone at idle and comes alive under throttle. No drone and sounds decent in the car. I will likely do a titanium exhaust in the near future, still undecided on which one though, I want it to be louder but not obnoxious. Also will likely go to an MHI stage 2 turbo next year with the Hondata or other HPFI upgrade setup, figuring it will be important to have a 3" exhaust for that to keep things flowing well.
No need to do the fuse mod anymore once you get Hondata. You will have full control of the valve.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Yessir, planning to reach out to Phearable and see if they will add that plus the type s pops n bangs to their tune

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Yessir, planning to reach out to Phearable and see if they will add that plus the type s pops n bangs to their tune
I just ordered the Phearable tune a few days ago, and they added the pops & bangs option now.
Sponsored