• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any euro market members able to supply front Impact bar part #?

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
As title states. I'm looking to get my hands on a Euro or JDM example of the crash bar. I suppose USDM is aluminum, and Euro is steel.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I believe this is what you're looking for: Part Number71130-T24-T00 (Beam COMP., front bumper). You will want to confirm.

The U.S. Part Number is 71130-T20-A10 (BEAM, FR. BUMPER).

OP
OP

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe this is what you're looking for: Part Number71130-T24-T00 (Beam COMP., front bumper). You will want to confirm.

Outstanding, can you do the rear also? I think there might be a good amount of weight savings available here. US bumper standards are a 5mph standard, vs Euro 3mph. Weight difference is 30lbs between EU and US spec, while EU has a few more standard features.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Outstanding, can you do the rear also? I think there might be a good amount of weight savings available here. US bumper standards are a 5mph standard, vs Euro 3mph. Weight difference is 30lbs between EU and US spec, while EU has a few more standard features.
71530-TEX-Y00 (Beam COMP., Rear bumper). Be advised this part and the front beam I provided are from the Japanese Domestic Market. Not sure what the part numbers are for Europe or other markets. These parts may or may not fit the U.S. car. Surely you're aware of that, but thought I'd mention it. Also, here are the OEM Parts Diagrams for JDM and USDM vehicles so you can self-serve going forward:

JDM
USDM

Please share your findings with the community if you decide to move forward with this project.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
I don't know of any public parts catalog for Euro FL5s at this point. Have to use the JDM and USDM catalogs linked by Clark_Kent above.

Appleton21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot, 2019 Hyundai Veloster N, 2023 FL

My service advisor put in my Chassis/VIN number and this is the part number for my car: 71130-T24-T00 (Beam COMP., front bumper). I am located in Qatar.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
My service advisor put in my Chassis/VIN number and this is the part number for my car: 71130-T24-T00 (Beam COMP., front bumper). I am located in Qatar.
Very helpful, thank you. It appears the front bumper beam in the JDM cars are also present in vehicles in other markets.

OP
OP

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very helpful, thank you. It appears the front bumper beam in the JDM cars are also present in vehicles in other markets.
Yea, seems to be the case. What I've found:

USDM cars have a more robust crash bar behind the bumpers which is welded aluminum and rated for 5mph, and ROW cars have stamped steel members for 3mph bumper requirements. Common sense says steel is heavier, but I believe the USDM is simply aluminum because it is much bulkier and making it out of steel would make it even heavier.

ROW cars are over 30lbs lighter than USDM cars, and I just can't figure out where this weight would come from, as they're basically identical. I figure the plastic crash bar covers are also different, so I'll need to pick those up as well. It would be great if someone with access to the parts could weigh them, rather than me shipping them across the world.

Anyone in Qatar with access to a junkyard or Honda parts department? Perhaps your uncle owns the dealership?

TLDR; I have a feeling that ROW bumper impact bars are lighter than USDM. If it's 10-15lbs on each end, that would be absolutely outstanding, especially off the front wheels.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
It would also remove weight from probably a few of the worst areas, decreasing the polar inertial moment and slightly increasing the car's ability to readily turn (why mid-engined cars are ideal).

OP
OP

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would also remove weight from probably a few of the worst areas, decreasing the polar inertial moment and slightly increasing the car's ability to readily turn (why mid-engined cars are ideal).
My goal is to get under 3100lbs without any drastic mods. Bumper supports, forged wheels, ti exhaust, ti inlet and downpipe should get me dangerously close. LiFE battery could make it over 100lbs off.

Midori Garage

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG4, AP2, FL5
Im curious if the steel bar is lighter than the aluminum bar even if it is smaller.
Sponsored