• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

After Market Seats Installed!

OP
OP
phothrottle

phothrottle

First Name
Phuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 honda fl5
bro I’m out here wanting the FL5 seats for the Type S DE5 and you replaced yours lol. Also your go to restaurant I’m surprised you didn’t even say phở 🤣
Haha A friend ask me for my rear view mirror to put in his type s. His type s mirror doesn't have homelink. I'm sure the these seats would be a direct bolt in and lighter than your type s.
Sponsored

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
Haha A friend ask me for my rear view mirror to put in his type s. His type s mirror doesn't have homelink. I'm sure the these seats would be a direct bolt in and lighter than your type s.
Type R seats look great and I’m sure has better bolstering than Type S. That’s my only real gripe about this car. Won’t fly out of the seats or anything but bracing is still needed when powering through corners.

does the CTR have homelink mirrors? Had no idea

OP
OP
phothrottle

phothrottle

First Name
Phuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 honda fl5
Type R seats look great and I’m sure has better bolstering than Type S. That’s my only real gripe about this car. Won’t fly out of the seats or anything but bracing is still needed when powering through corners.

does the CTR have homelink mirrors? Had no idea
Yes up in Canada the CTR comes with homelink mirrors.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I'm all about improvements, but this one has me shaking my head. I actually would list the FK8 seats - let alone the FL5 seats which are supposedly a little better - as one of the best things about the car.
Drove my FK8 yesterday on a winding road with severe elevation changes, switchbacks, etc. and was held in place very well - and I am average height and about 160+ depending on the day.
An amazing road that goes to Saguaro Lake here in AZ. Highly recommended drive if you are in the general area. Spectacular scenery that opens up as you carve through the mountain.

Not sure a iron maiden straitjacket of a seat would have made it better.

You should have no trouble getting offered good money for the OEM seats - but hang on to them - you may want to reinstall them.

Now if you had an SI and were looking to upgrade seats - that I get.

darinja

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R SGP, 2023 Honda Pilot Trailsport
I really don't like the FL5 seats since I have back issues, but the FK8 seats were perfect for me. Thought about finding some and putting them in my FL5. Any idea if that would be easy to do?
Sponsored