• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mitsuba Proud Horn - (After Market)

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Always hated the horn on the FK8 as it wasn’t forceful but the FL5 is unfortunately the same.

Mitsuba is the oem horn provider for our cars so it made sense to go for their after market series.

If you are removing the bumper for any reason its best to install it then!

Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I wish it didn't require a bumper removal, I have a new CRI horn from my last Miata I didn't use I could pop in here but... too lazy.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I wish it didn't require a bumper removal, I have a new CRI horn from my last Miata I didn't use I could pop in here but... too lazy.
I think the FL5 has a dual horn like other Civics, can try replacing the bottom horn thats on the passenger side. I was able to get to it by turning the wheel and pulling back the fender liner.

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I was able to install the Euro Horns without removing the bumper on my FL1.

HONDA EURO HORN

I used this video to help.

Sweet, thank you! I thought I had to completely pull the bumper to do the horn, very relieved to see that it’s doable without that hassle. My Euro Horn was literally just delivered from Black Hawk an hour ago 😂

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Sweet, thank you! I thought I had to completely pull the bumper to do the horn, very relieved to see that it’s doable without that hassle. My Euro Horn was literally just delivered from Black Hawk an hour ago 😂
Its still a little bit of a hassle from the top, but definitely doable and better than removing the bumper. For me, I took off all the clips holding the top of the bumper and few extra clips on that rubber/vinyl piece that covers the horn just so it was easier to maneuver.
Sponsored

Last edited: