• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

After Market Seats Installed!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I finally installed the Edirb seats. Had a few hiccups but I got it all figured out. Hopefully this answers any questions on installing aftermarket seats in the 10th and 11th gen Civics. Screen Shot 2023-10-13 at 10.00.41 AM.png https://youtu.be/5Fxg-PtVuZQ
So the reason for the seats was for extra support correct? Did the oem seats not support you the way you wanted? Thank you for testing for the community.

Last edited:

sacherel

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
If you are selling the stock seats, please let me know

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
FWIW, I thought the edirB seat I had in my ND was terrible. Looked good though and definitely was a "grip monster".

11th Gen Honda Civic After Market Seats Installed! IMG_2730

OP
OP
phothrottle

phothrottle

First Name
Phuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 honda fl5
So the reason for the seats was for extra support correct? Did the oem seats not support you the way you wanted? Thank you for testing for the community.
My initial thought was weight reduction, looks and to a proper installation video of aftermarket seats with all the sensors working properly. If you have intentions of tracking your car occasionally you should consider an aftermarket seat. You are way more planted and connected to the car. You will get a much better track time.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My initial thought was weight reduction, looks and to a proper installation video of aftermarket seats with all the sensors working properly. If you have intentions of tracking your car occasionally you should consider an aftermarket seat. You are way more planted and connected to the car. You will get a much better track time.
So far the stock seats have been good to me at the track. Its the first car I have not considered changing the seats unlike my s2000. I really think any reclining seat will not be a noticeable improvement. Buckets on the other hand would be my choice if I were to swap seats.

OP
OP
phothrottle

phothrottle

First Name
Phuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 honda fl5
So far the stock seats have been good to me at the track. Its the first car I have not considered changing the seats unlike my s2000. I really think any reclining seat will not be a noticeable improvement. Buckets on the other hand would be my choice if I were to swap seats.
Realistically it comes down to personal preference and the drivers size and dimensions. The oem seats are a one size fit all and I'm not a very big guy. I would have went with a full bucket but my car will probably be street driven for most of it's life.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
You need to be a skinny guy to fit those seats, I'm not terribly big and found them way too narrow. If you are happy, good on you!

I found them to be torture with no lumbar support and the cheapest foam cushions imaginable, not like a Recaro. I'd save weight starting with the battery, not sure I care about the seat airbags but it may be a consideration for some.

11th Gen Honda Civic After Market Seats Installed! MS Seats Top Down.JPG

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Realistically it comes down to personal preference and the drivers size and dimensions. The oem seats are a one size fit all and I'm not a very big guy. I would have went with a full bucket but my car will probably be street driven for most of it's life.
Yeah for a street driven car its not practical at all! Looks great dude enjoy!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You need to be a skinny guy to fit those seats, I'm not terribly big and found them way too narrow. If you are happy, good on you!

I found them to be torture with no lumbar support and the cheapest foam cushions imaginable, not like a Recaro. I'd save weight starting with the battery, not sure I care about the seat airbags but it may be a consideration for some.

MS Seats Top Down.JPG
I have a small frame and weigh about 140lbs and I find the stock seats super supportive so I’m very happy with OEM. 0 issues at the track so far.

Bullitt44

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR, Porsche 911 GT3 and GT4RS
Impressed with the factory seat weight.

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
I finally installed the Edirb seats. Had a few hiccups but I got it all figured out. Hopefully this answers any questions on installing aftermarket seats in the 10th and 11th gen Civics. Screen Shot 2023-10-13 at 10.00.41 AM.png https://youtu.be/5Fxg-PtVuZQ
bro I’m out here wanting the FL5 seats for the Type S DE5 and you replaced yours lol. Also your go to restaurant I’m surprised you didn’t even say phở 🤣
Sponsored