• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FK8 Seats in FL5?

darinja

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R SGP, 2023 Honda Pilot Trailsport
So, I know most people love the FL5 seats, but I have a bad back, and they just don't seem to work for me. The FK8 seats were perfect, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to swap them into an FL5? So far only thing that's helped is a small pillow behind my back, but I really don't want to always have that, especially for track days.
Sponsored

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Im sure someone will be willing to trade with you, even locally where you live

OP
OP

darinja

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im sure someone will be willing to trade with you, even locally where you live
I'm guessing you're right, but I'd want to hold on to the factory seats for now. I guess I was just wondering if it's possible or if there's anything I should be aware of when switching.

S4one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type r
Same here, i get discomfort with the fl5 seats.
It’s common with a lot of fl5 owners, I had a Hans recaro on my m3 track car and no back discomfort at all.

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Can I ask what about the FL5 seats makes them uncomfortable? Is it the lack of lumbar support? I ask so I can better evaluate the tradeoffs between the FL5 and DE5.

OP
OP

darinja

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I ask what about the FL5 seats makes them uncomfortable? Is it the lack of lumbar support? I ask so I can better evaluate the tradeoffs between the FL5 and DE5.
I have a bit of a curve in my spine, so it just feels like more pressure pushing downward. Not really sure how to explain it. I think the FK8 seats just had a better curve for my back. I had to lean them back a bit more to make it work, and with the FL5, nothing I seem to do does the trick.

Laznz

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, kodiaq(wifes),Santa Fe(work)
Same here, i get discomfort with the fl5 seats.
It’s common with a lot of fl5 owners, I had a Hans recaro on my m3 track car and no back discomfort at all.
How common is it? I've really only seen praise for the FL5 seats. I find them very comfortable. Several long 5 hours drives and i feel great at the end of the trip.

The only complaint comes from my wife, who likes to sit with her legs folded on long drives and finds the side bolstering gets in the way of her comfort. Probably a good deterrent for her to keep her feet off my seats. haha.

I guess seats aren't a one size fits all type of thing.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Maybe you already tried this but I’ve found the key to the FL5 seat is to ensure your backside is pushed all the way to where the seatback and seat cushion join. At that point there is lumbar support provided for the lower back. If you slide just a couple of inches forward than you lose the lumbar.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I would recommend trying to adjust the seat more upright than you are used to - I was pretty displeased with the seats to start, I tried some pillows, etc but was starting to think that I'd need to swap it out long term until I decided to adjust the seat from what I'm used to. Once I set it a bit more upright I found, like TDC50, once my butt was firmly against the rear of the seat the issue went away and now I can do a tank of gas at a clip with no problems. WHEW!

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I would recommend trying to adjust the seat more upright than you are used to - I was pretty displeased with the seats to start, I tried some pillows, etc but was starting to think that I'd need to swap it out long term until I decided to adjust the seat from what I'm used to. Once I set it a bit more upright I found, like TDC50, once my butt was firmly against the rear of the seat the issue went away and now I can do a tank of gas at a clip with no problems. WHEW!
Same exact situation I had! One additional click upright and butt pushed back and the seats are sublime.
These are definitely not, lean your seat back and one hand on top of the wheel cruising seats.
Sponsored