• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fumoto Valve- F106?

pigfacedalarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Edit- f106 works fine, no issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shyong

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M3 Competition, 2023 CTR Champ White
I purchased the same valve but went with the long neck so I can attach a hose to it. I know the website warned about maybe needing an extender but it had the same warning for the FK8. I know the FK8 doesn't need the extender. Looking at the oil pan on the FL5 it doesn't look like it needs an extender. I have about 300 miles on my FL5 now, so I won't know for sure till I do my first oil change.

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Thanks for reporting back, I'll be ordering one tonight!

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I ordered the F106SX (short neck but still has a hose barb for a drain hose) a while back and just installed it the other day. I had ordered the extender adapter as well as I wasn't sure if it was needed and this thread hadn't been created yet. I can also confirm that the extender was not necessary.

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
Piling on to this thread to say that Fumoto valves are awesome. I've heard people complain about the slow draining, which I don't understand. It takes only a minute or two more, use the time to get the oil filter off. You're also not fishing around for the drain plug and washer, or washing oil out of your fingers for 10 minutes.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Piling on to this thread to say that Fumoto valves are awesome. I've heard people complain about the slow draining, which I don't understand. It takes only a minute or two more, use the time to get the oil filter off. You're also not fishing around for the drain plug and washer, or washing oil out of your fingers for 10 minutes.
Agreed they are amazing at keeping the mess to a minimum. Bonus - I use FCP Euro's oil return policy and the Fumoto makes filling the old oil containers a hell of a lot less messy.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
I can't get myself to pull the trigger on the Fumoto for FL5 or our van. Main reason is because the filter removal is unavoidably messy. The drain plug is already the cleanest part of the process for me :dunno:

If you wait long enough can you get the filter off these K engines without any oil coming down out of them?

For the Subaru FA engines with their top mount filter, a Fumoto valve makes possible a true 100% oil-free oil change :headbang:

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I can't get myself to pull the trigger on the Fumoto for FL5 or our van. Main reason is because the filter removal is unavoidably messy. The drain plug is already the cleanest part of the process for me :dunno:

If you wait long enough can you get the filter off these K engines without any oil coming down out of them?

For the Subaru FA engines with their top mount filter, a Fumoto valve makes possible a true 100% oil-free oil change :headbang:

One of the few things I miss about my GR86 is the top mounted oil filter and oil drain access panel that only required two screws to be removed and one loosened. The FL5 oil change is a much bigger pain in the ass in comparison.
Sponsored

Last edited: