• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone tested out the CSF radiator? Wondering if the PWR track spec is worth it?

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
I don’t plan to track the car like some folks do with there’s on here so I’m not concerned with the Wagner IC causing issues. With the CSF radiator, I’d think it should run about stock temps when I add the Wagner in front of it, which is fine by me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

matttheazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I will be testing this product and posting all the data.
Thank you. I saw this on FB the other day and was curious. What do you think your timeline will be for track testing?

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Installed the CSF today along with the radium coolant tank and dual catch cab kit. CSF installed flawlessly and is a very well made unit. The only issue I had was the two posts on the bottom where the rubber isolators attach were smaller than the stock radiator posts. This just meant I had to put the isolators in their spots on the frame and drop the radiator into them, not a big deal.

Ran the car up and down the road for 15 mins and the coolant temp never got higher than 178. I’ll get some more driving time now that the radiator is done and pass along any further observations.

in another note, first time buying Radium stuff as well and wow is it high quality and very good installation instructions!

Wish I had an intercooler to complete the package, taking off the front bumper again is going to suck…

OP
OP

matttheazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Wish I had an intercooler to complete the package, taking off the front bumper again is going to suck…
This is why I think I may just stock pile parts this summer and do it all at once. Glad to see the install went smoothly

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
This is why I think I may just stock pile parts this summer and do it all at once. Glad to see the install went smoothly
I would have done the same if it weren’t for the busted radiator issue keeping me from driving the car.

OP
OP

matttheazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I would have done the same if it weren’t for the busted radiator issue keeping me from driving the car.
Good experience. Next time taking it off will be that much easier.

Tuxedo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 Type R
I did a track day today with the Radiator. It was 73-75 Degrees ambient and never saw anything over 205/7 water temp.

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
Installed the CSF today along with the radium coolant tank and dual catch cab kit. CSF installed flawlessly and is a very well made unit. The only issue I had was the two posts on the bottom where the rubber isolators attach were smaller than the stock radiator posts. This just meant I had to put the isolators in their spots on the frame and drop the radiator into them, not a big deal.

Ran the car up and down the road for 15 mins and the coolant temp never got higher than 178. I’ll get some more driving time now that the radiator is done and pass along any further observations.

in another note, first time buying Radium stuff as well and wow is it high quality and very good installation instructions!

We have the PRL in stock ;)

-Josh

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
@MERAKIAUTOWORKS provided the hookup and I have the CSF radiator on the way as well. Looking forward to installing along with the HEL oil cooler, and PRL intercooler for track duty. Problem is My EVO X is on the lift and I'm taking my sweet time with its suspension so gonna be a while before I install the FL5 bits. First world problems.

Lancenfstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Civic Type R
Is there anywhere that doesn't have this on back order o_O