• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone tested out the CSF radiator? Wondering if the PWR track spec is worth it?

matttheazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Looking to buy a new radiator before spring track season. Not too much info on the new CSF radiator. I was thinking about going with the PWR track spec, and wondering if it is worth the price? Does anyone have any experience with the CSF?
Sponsored

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I don't have any experience with the CSF, but I do have the PWR track spec, and it worked wonders for heat management. I also daily drive the R and haven't had any issues with the car maintaining its temperature in traffic.

OP
OP

matttheazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I don't have any experience with the CSF, but I do have the PWR track spec, and it worked wonders for heat management. I also daily drive the R and haven't had any issues with the car maintaining its temperature in traffic.
Thanks for all your videos. I really enjoy seeing your build. I will be modding for the same track durability.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
CSF is popular in the BMW world and I had one of their intercoolers on my F87 M2. They make good quality stuff. Wish I had the $$$ to try both the CSF and the PWR Track radiators to compare.

Given that I can only swing a couple track days at max per year at this time I will probably try out the CSF given the price and I know they make good stuff. Looking to use part of my tax return to grab a radiator, intercooler, and oil cooler all in one go.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
We ran CSF radiators on Porsches that see track duty all the time, I had them on my 981 Cayman GTS. If they are good enough to improve cooling on a car routing everything from the rear to 3 small radiators in the front it should be great for one radiator in the engine bay.

Any all aluminum radiator with the right fluid mix should out perform the factory radiator if its got plastic end tanks. What I'd like to see is what kind of temp drop people are getting running distilled water and an additive in hotter climates.
On our old M3's we could run a larger alum radiator from anyone with ditslilled water and 2 bottles of redline water wetter and a 10 degree cooler thermostat and it worked perfectly on track, even without one of the two fans installed.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Ordered one from Josh at Meraki this past weekend, as soon as I get it and install I'll post up some info here. Anticipating it to be great being it was co-developed with HPD. It may be a bit before I finish putting together the car enough to get driving/temp info, I'm waiting on Wagner to release their intercooler so I can do both while I have the front end apart.

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
Ordered one from Josh at Meraki this past weekend, as soon as I get it and install I'll post up some info here. Anticipating it to be great being it was co-developed with HPD. It may be a bit before I finish putting together the car enough to get driving/temp info, I'm waiting on Wagner to release their intercooler so I can do both while I have the front end apart.
We can take orders for the Wagner now but ETA is May or longer.

-Josh

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
CSF is popular in the BMW world and I had one of their intercoolers on my F87 M2. They make good quality stuff. Wish I had the $$$ to try both the CSF and the PWR Track radiators to compare.

Given that I can only swing a couple track days at max per year at this time I will probably try out the CSF given the price and I know they make good stuff. Looking to use part of my tax return to grab a radiator, intercooler, and oil cooler all in one go.
The CSF radiator should perform well so no worries there.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
Is anyone running a lower temp thermostat on these cars to maximize the benefit of the new radiator?

Tuxedo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 Type R
I have the PWR track in my car. Stock thermostat. Track day is happening this weekend but on the street I do not see over 190F water. On some long downhill stints I see water temp going into the mid to low 170s. Sheds heat much faster than stock

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
That is the ECT2 radiator cooling temperature, not the engine heat outlet temperature ECT1
The one displayed in log R is coolant temp sensor 1 not 2.

11th Gen Honda Civic Has anyone tested out the CSF radiator?  Wondering if the PWR track spec is worth it? IMG_3401

My ECT 2 is consistently 20 degrees cooler than what is on the display with a stock radiator.

OP
OP

matttheazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
any thoughts on the wagner intercooler blocking the radiator airflow and not being able to install an oil cooler?

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
any thoughts on the wagner intercooler blocking the radiator airflow and not being able to install an oil cooler?
Those are my concerns when I saw the Wagner intercooler, and those possible issues would be a deal breaker to me.
Sponsored